Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get a small group together for a meetup at Baker. Wrath suggested Saturday April 15th for the Easter egg hunt and I was able to get the day off work.

I'm an intermediate (second year), looking to push myself a little bit but anybody that wants to come is welcome.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was hoping to get a small group together for a meetup at Baker. Wrath suggested Saturday April 15th for the Easter egg hunt and I was able to get the day off work.

I'm an intermediate (second year), looking to push myself a little bit but anybody that wants to come is welcome.
Man, I might be up there this weekend for wwu, thought about hitting up baker while im up there. Been a month since I've been boarding

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Baker's easter egg hunt....they hide and toss ...alot of plastic eggs. The eggs have a seal of tape and inside a slip of paper with a written code for a prize. So you find an egg, don't open it, bring in the sealed egg to the egg table in the White Salmon lodge; staff will open it and give you the prize. The prizes range from candy, t-shirts, goggles, boards/skis, beacons and other swag...the golden egg is a season's pass for next year. Years when its sunny its cruise around and find eggs, years when its dumping or deep pow...folks don't care much about the eggs and just shred. One year, a good friend was one of the Easter bunnies and had a huge backpack full of eggs ...so we rode around tossing eggs from the chair lift and dropping them when riding past folks. It was hella fun.

See ya up there

·
Shred Monster
1,192 Posts
I don't know why I haven't taken advantage of the free Baker tickets I get with my pass...I wish I could come up but I always work the weekends. How is Baker in the spring for corn/slush days?

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Suprised they dont stay open longer, isn't that snowpack deep? Baker has had like 800" so I would assume it is...

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Suprised they dont stay open longer, isn't that snowpack deep? Baker has had like 800" so I would assume it is...
It due to contract with FS...so we are told, also riders/skiiers it really falls off due to other sports, gardening and etc...and the critters come out....I've seen from the chair, black bears hanging out on the runs. But there is plenty for touring....the current 200+" base should hold up for a bit.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I expect I will see exactly 0 eggs :embarrased1:

But I will start my day bright and early and try to stay out as long as possible and have a real quick lunch and stuff :grin:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@FireRose It was great to meet ya, Thanks had a lot of fun today...for a 1.25 season noobish rider...frick'n spectacular...my 2 kids were absolutely surprised you kept up and we knew we were pushing you...great form, speed and fearless. You killed it :snowboard1:
Thanks for showing me around. It was great meeting you and your kids. I wasn't expecting a pow day in mid april but it was a ton of fun :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts