Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I know but I actually hijacked a thread in the boards forum not on purpose but received a lot of help I just didn't want to do it again. Finally getting the board I want is cool just waiting for the snow.

·
Registered
451 Posts
rode a fun.kink last season and sold it to a friend who couldn't get bataleons in his country. makes me want a goliath this season or a jam

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Been thinking about starting a 'what board' thread for quite a while but haven't completely made up my mind on what I should be asking for. But maybe you can give me an anwser nonetheless: I've been on a Bataleon Riot for years and it's time for a replacement. Basically I think I want the same board, i.e. som sort of all moutain twin, but less stiff than the Riot (was rated 7 IIRC). Tried a couple of non-TBT boards last year and it was a bit too much adaptation to my liking so I want to stick with TBT. Bataleon doesn't make the Riot anymore so I was looking into the Boss. You have any idea it could be what I want, as I understand it's more freestyle than what I'm used to, but still.. How is carving? Handling on black diamond slopes? Jumping?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ride the boss as a all mountain board carves awsome makes the smallest hits fill big great pop. Flex is rated at a 5. I was up in the air between it and a Goliath but I was interested in a true twin. So I went with the boss. Base is super fast but then again I'm coming from a extruded base. This is my first tbt so getting on edge felt weird at first but after one run, I started to trust the board and went for it holds a edge vert well.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The boss is exactly what you are looking for elstinky. You could go with a the Jam but it would be just as stiff or stiffer than the riot.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Thanks to both of you, I think you pulled me over the line. Also just found out the local shop has a 156W in stock which is about my size. And I'm leaving for the Alps in 3 weeks. Hell, it would be insane not to buy it :crazy2:.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks to both of you, I think you pulled me over the line. Also just found out the local shop has a 156W in stock which is about my size. And I'm leaving for the Alps in 3 weeks. Hell, it would be insane not to buy it :crazy2:.
Post your experience with it.
Currently on a Fun.Kink (the last true-twin variant) and I swear by it for all round fun.
Bit I definitely need something stiffer soon. I miss going mach 1 all the time.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Sorry, forgot about this thread. I was in the shop and decided the wide is really too wide for me: I'm only about 150lbs so I thought it would feel like a boat. And the shop owner sort of agreed with me.

I did feel an inexplainable urge to not leave without a board so went completely crazy and left with something which is like the opposite of the Riot namely a Stepchild FTW. A brand which is like underground if I have to believe the number of google hits, no beloved TBT, reverse camber :eyetwitch2: Figured if I manage to ride it, it can only make me a better rider.

And decided to pre-order next year's Boss or some Bataleon close to it as soon as the shop can, in order to shut up the stupid voice inside my head telling me I made a huge mistake. Especially after I went to an indoor slope to try the damn thing out and was more on my ass then on the FTW. Although I do admit it was immediately obvious a less stiff board is way better for me in general.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Heading back to Bataleon for my next board, which I just ordered (got a reasonable deal on a Bataleon Flyer).

I used to have a Riot, switched to a Never Summer Heritage briefly and have been "riding" (ha - for the few days a year I get!) a Smokin Big Wig ever since. Always had fond memories of the Riot though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts