Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what it's worth, here is an ammended copy of an email I sent to the supplier from whom I bought my board:

It's been some months now since I've purchased the Bataleon Jam 2012 and as winter is well and truly over I thought I'd give you some (positive) feedback on it. I'm still what I think is a novice - maybe a bit better (blue runs) so I don't instantly feel all the small nuances that experts like others do.

That said, I really like the board!

Most reviews on it says that it is a rocket and I tend to agree. It either wants to be go at 0 or maximum speed, nothing in between (unlike the rider who is still learning!)

I really like the tbt (triple base technology) and found it made it a lot easier to go edge to edge. A few times I thought to myself: "If that was another board, I would have just caught a massive edge!"

Going from edge to edge is very easy. I hadn't spent much time on the 'usual' boards before going to tbt and it'd be interesting to see how I'd go on one, but I just want to stick to the tbt thanks.

The Jam performed very well in powder (unlike me on my first day) and once I went to snowboardingforum (hey, that's you guys!!!) and other sources on the internet and found out about riding in powder, my second day was a hell of a lot better.

I mostly boarded at silverstar in Vernon and Whistler.

The board felt very 'skittish' on ice and I was quite nervous on it (lack of talent probably contributed to this) but I don't think ice is the Jam's forte. Almost every other surface was a lot of fun!

Finally, I've been very happy with the Bataleon Jam. I've gotten lots of positive feedback over the art design (so much more than the 2013 design) and I don't think I've come near to maximising its performance capabilities.

I look forward to my next Bataleon.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
For what it's worth, here is an ammended copy of an email I sent to the supplier from whom I bought my board:

It's been some months now since I've purchased the Bataleon Jam 2012 and as winter is well and truly over I thought I'd give you some (positive) feedback on it. I'm still what I think is a novice - maybe a bit better (blue runs) so I don't instantly feel all the small nuances that experts like others do.

That said, I really like the board!

Most reviews on it says that it is a rocket and I tend to agree. It either wants to be go at 0 or maximum speed, nothing in between (unlike the rider who is still learning!)

I really like the tbt (triple base technology) and found it made it a lot easier to go edge to edge. A few times I thought to myself: "If that was another board, I would have just caught a massive edge!"

Going from edge to edge is very easy. I hadn't spent much time on the 'usual' boards before going to tbt and it'd be interesting to see how I'd go on one, but I just want to stick to the tbt thanks.

The Jam performed very well in powder (unlike me on my first day) and once I went to snowboardingforum (hey, that's you guys!!!) and other sources on the internet and found out about riding in powder, my second day was a hell of a lot better.

I mostly boarded at silverstar in Vernon and Whistler.

The board felt very 'skittish' on ice and I was quite nervous on it (lack of talent probably contributed to this) but I don't think ice is the Jam's forte. Almost every other surface was a lot of fun!

Finally, I've been very happy with the Bataleon Jam. I've gotten lots of positive feedback over the art design (so much more than the 2013 design) and I don't think I've come near to maximising its performance capabilities.

I look forward to my next Bataleon.
That's the major drawback to TBT

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's the major drawback to TBT
i totally felt like that at first... i thought about it for a while, cause it really made me kinda bummed on a few icy days - i came to the conclusion that with a 2º bevel and the added tbt angles, i'd need to really lean in and just have faith.

i slid out a few times, but after a while, i just got used to REAAAAAAALLY leaning, and just trusting the board. it totally works.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the feedback re the ice. Always good to hear from other tbt riders out there!

·
Registered
919 Posts
yeah like others said its just getting used to it. I find that normal cruising on a TBT board is so easy that it gets lazy so when you have to be more aggresive it catches you a little by surprise and feels like it will wash out easily. In reality you just have to ride the board a little more aggresively.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts