Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just noticed the Evil Twin and the Airobic boards by Bataleon. I've never heard anything about this company and was wondering your opinion on them. I want to learn more in the park, jumps and jibs, but also like to cruise it down the mountain every now and then. How do you think these boards would compare?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey,

I'm from Europa and just as Never Summer is not so well known here, Bataleon might be not as known in the United States as it is here. Here it's a very well-known company which makes great boards. They are famous about their Triple-Base Technology, you can find a lot about that at their website. Many people think it works great...

The Airobic vs the Evil Twin:

Airobic is more flexible than the ET, but they're both really suitable for jibbing around. The ET is just a bit stiffer for more all-mountain riding, but both are real freestyleboards.

And the ET is a bit more expensive, so it has more technical features and a better base material etc...

I think for you the ET is the best choice because it's better to ride at the mountain too!

Ps. I just saw Bataleon is from Holland, so that might be the reason that I'm that well known with the company. But I can tell you many people have positive experience with the boards!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I vouch for Bataleon, and i think Trip8Sol does as well :) I know TBT is not for everyone, but i love it. I personally own a Goliath and it rides very well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bataleon is actually Norwegian, the boards are made in Austria.

I also have the Bataleon Goliath '11 model and I love it.

If you have a friend's board you could borrow, or locate a shop where you could demo a board, go for it! But bear in mind, it is quite different than your normal board, so it will feel weird at first. Give it 3-4 runs and see if you like it.

There is a small writeup on the TBT technology here: The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Base Technologies Explained

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
bataleons are cool sauce. airobic is a complete noodle though, not practical for many uses outside of the park imo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the new ET and it's the most fun I've ever had on a board so far. I prefer it to my NS SL.
Really? The NS SL is actually one of the boards I am looking at as well. How do you spend most of your time? Do you do any jumps and jibs? I'm really curious as to how well these boards hold up not only on jumps but jibs as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the ET in a 154 and it's my freestyle-messing-around-the-mountain board. I usually take it out when I want to cruise around and do flatland tricks, etc. It's still got the stability to bomb down the mountain when need be. I don't really spend my time in the park, but it can handle jumps no problem.

The SL's a 158, so it's more of my all mountain board. It's more stable than the ET and has a lot more damping.

Honestly, either choice would be good. I prefer the TBT that's all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the ET in a 154 and it's my freestyle-messing-around-the-mountain board. I usually take it out when I want to cruise around and do flatland tricks, etc. It's still got the stability to bomb down the mountain when need be. I don't really spend my time in the park, but it can handle jumps no problem.

The SL's a 158, so it's more of my all mountain board. It's more stable than the ET and has a lot more damping.

Honestly, either choice would be good. I prefer the TBT that's all.
Would you say the ET is more flexible than the SL?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The ET is slightly more flexible I would say.

The SL is definitely heavier than the ET, and seems more solid with the damping to plow through the choppier stuff.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
inb4triple
:laugh:

Bataleons are so much fun, that's for sure. The ET def seems more suited for what you want. Since I've owned both, I'd say the flex is very similar to the SL, but the ET is more poppy for jumps and not as heavy as the SL. Yeah for it!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered the Evil Twin 154 a few days ago, can't wait to try it out. I plan on doing some park riding, while messing around the whole mountain. It felt like the right choice for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:laugh:

Bataleons are so much fun, that's for sure. The ET def seems more suited for what you want. Since I've owned both, I'd say the flex is very similar to the SL, but the ET is more poppy for jumps and not as heavy as the SL. Yeah for it!
Hows the ET for jibbing though?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Another vote for Bataleon. I have last years ET and it is definitely a fun board. It really isn't the best for bombing down the mountain as it is a little on the soft side, but it does do well in the park and carving.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking for buying a Evil Twin aswell! Another boards that got my attention are the Omatic with BS Tech (anyone had experience with this tech?) and the NS Evo, that seems the best rocker/camber board for all mountain/park focused. Looks like Nitro has something similar too, their Gulwing camber. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts