Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'n new here, not new to boarding though :p, but still can use some help.

This is the case, I just got a potential deal on a 07/08 never used Bateleon Riot for 120 dollars. The thing is, I'm looking for a stiffer and bit longer board for piste-carving and a bit pow offpiste as I find my 150 board Rossignol Circuit unusable in pow (no float whatsoever) and I notice instability when I get up to speed on the piste. It is however a nice and flexible board for a bit of park and jibbing (I just started freestyling a bit after 12 years of boarding :yahoo:). But I feel I have outgrown it for a while now when using it to bomb down the mountain.

I was just wondering if a bit stiffer 155 board would be to much to handle on piste of if it would be just fine. For fun I tried a few 165 board of my friends once, I could manage, but man, no fun at all and I felt like a captain on a big oiltanker.... So I'm a bit put-off by bigger boards, but I do realize 155 is a smaller step up from 150. I've been boarding on 150 for as long as I can remember, and so, I'm a bit hesitant. My instinct is saying, don't do it and wait for a Goliath 150 or a Riot 151... Am I right?

About me:
125 pounds
5'6''
shoesize US mens 8
intermediate/advanced boarding technique
mainly allmountain

thx in advance guys!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bataleon's tend to be easier to handle due to the TBT making it really easy to turn. I have a short ET (151 cm and I am 155 lbs) that I don't even have to try to put on edge. The Riot is a true twin which would probably diminish it's pow riding capabilities but you are pretty small so I would think it would work (I have very limited experience in pow).

So the Riot will definitely be easier to turn than the 165s you tried out, but I have heard that they are scary fast so if you can't turn it it could get ugly fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts