Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been researching this tech a lot lately, and don't think I have come across any negative reviews yet (despite the one thread about crappy customer service). The common theme seems to be once you get the hang of it, it's great. Anyone out there ride Bataleon's TBT and NOT like it after a few days?

For what it's worth, I'm not a park rat anymore, stay away from larger rails, yet still enjoy hitting jumps in the beginner/intermediate parks at Breck/Keystone (alot of area 51/park lane a little too much for me at my age now). Powder #1 priority still, groomers, popping off rollers, semi high speed butters and a few park laps for moderate size jumps is pretty much what my days consist of.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Bataleon Omni TBT and I love it in pow! It is great for jumps and feels nice for carving but you really have to lay it on edge. I use this board primarily for Cruising and pow days at Whistler.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
The best way I've heard to describe the ride is: It's like the forgiveness of full rocker for people that think full rocker is too loose.

Sounds like a contradiction and kinda is but that's really the best way I've heard it told. If that sounds like something you'd be into, get on it. They are super rad boards and a blast to ride.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Agreed with stan darsh, My first nice board was a bataleon ET, I broke it one day (completely my fault) and went through a cycle of trying out many different profiles from other companies. (Lib, Gnu, Burton, NS) In the end I picked up a Lobster Parkbaord for cheap last season and realized how much I missed TBT. I am a convert.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I would highly suggest that you demo a TBT deck if you have the opportunity. It is a great option for riders that like their Camber contact point to contact point but don't want to deal with the hard slams the full camber sometimes serves up. TBT and Rocker Camber Rocker decks are great for riders that fit that description. STOKED!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

As crappy of a board as it was in the late 80's, the whole TBT thing reminds me of the old Look LaMar snowboard (virtually impossible to carve or rail an edge), which I really liked playing around on back in those days. Obviously this is a different tech, going to give it a try by ordering from a place that has 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Meaning I'll ride it a week or so and ship it back for a refund if I hate it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

As crappy of a board as it was in the late 80's, the whole TBT thing reminds me of the old Look LaMar snowboard (virtually impossible to carve or rail an edge), which I really liked playing around on back in those days. Obviously this is a different tech, going to give it a try by ordering from a place that has 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Meaning I'll ride it a week or so and ship it back for a refund if I hate it.
A lot of dealers who sell bataleon have demo boards for them. Also those dealers tend to discount the price of the demo off a new board purchase. I know milosport in SLC has some. Also other places I have seen the boards have had them. You can also email bataleon and they will send you a demo board that you mail back. There are many options out there for it.

I find that people who dislike TBT are expecting it to feel like other boards and it really doesnt, however i would venture to say most people who like NOW Ipo's would like TBT if they tried it.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Been researching this tech a lot lately, and don't think I have come across any negative reviews yet (despite the one thread about crappy customer service). The common theme seems to be once you get the hang of it, it's great. Anyone out there ride Bataleon's TBT and NOT like it after a few days?

For what it's worth, I'm not a park rat anymore, stay away from larger rails, yet still enjoy hitting jumps in the beginner/intermediate parks at Breck/Keystone (alot of area 51/park lane a little too much for me at my age now). Powder #1 priority still, groomers, popping off rollers, semi high speed butters and a few park laps for moderate size jumps is pretty much what my days consist of.
I bought an Evil Twin a couple years ago trying to support a local boardshop, nothing but buyers remorse. Deck is heavy, slow, and TBT sucks.

I love to load up and boost big ollies. TBT gives you the opportunity to boost super crooked if you don't leave the ground perfectly. It was prohibitively frightening. There was nothing about the tech that seemed different except that it sucked.

I realize some may like it, I hated it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts