Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And Arbor won. That was a win for snowboarding.
A win for Arbor, and another mudslinging battle of people showing true colors, is over.

A "win for snowboarding" Angry™? Only the companies and riders you like are core enough, dude?

I think you took things and are taking things over the top with your Fox News style rhetoric. I mean, that is the point of your OWN brand, Angry™, but, seriously.

Never Summer™ has their proven shtick, "Made in the USA", and you upped the mud slinging to a all-time douchbag™ high IMO.

besides the history you have with Never Summer, it seems you just wanted to bash them...like a real battle.

Their edit was kickers, some rails and good music. Arbor's looked super polished, but, yeah, I bet they spent 5,000USD MORE on the project, of Billabong's money.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Where do you get your information that they are owned by Billabong? Seriously where? Have you been blowing your horn so hard you're brain isn't getting oxygen?

This was a win for snowboarding hands down. If you can't see it you're oblivious. Take your emotion out of this and the fact you got lead around by the nose by Never Summer and realize it was a contest about riders and filming.

Progression>mud slinging.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is so 2008. Sector 9 ( edit, owns, owned Arbor), bought by Billabong, hell even I remember that. Maybe Arbor was able to bail from the deal?

Dude, you were the only one mudslinging, which was a failure of progression.

You have a Fox news style, and if you keep it up in this industry, you may not last too long.

Did you not get trolled by some French Kids in a engineering class? You failed to do any research, and came out with your "review" as if this was a legit company? Answer away Angry™.

Prove you are legit, or just another cum dumpster for free snow product.

Where do you get your information that they are owned by Billabong? Seriously where? Have you been blowing your horn so hard you're brain isn't getting oxygen?

This was a win for snowboarding hands down. If you can't see it you're oblivious. Take your emotion out of this and the fact you got lead around by the nose by Never Summer and realize it was a contest about riders and filming.

Progression>mud slinging.

·
Registered
947 Posts
That is so 2008. Sector 9 ( edit, owns, owned Arbor), bought by Billabong, hell even I remember that. Maybe Arbor was able to bail from the deal?

Dude, you were the only one mudslinging, which was a failure of progression.

You have a Fox news style, and if you keep it up in this industry, you may not last too long.

Did you not get trolled by some French Kids in a engineering class? You failed to do any research, and came out with your "review" as if this was a legit company? Answer away Angry™.

Prove you are legit, or just another cum dumpster for free snow product.
Oh shiet. Angry just got handed his ass. Haha, shucks i could care less who won, but its nice to see the man get some of his own medicine.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
So once again the wild horn blower is off in La La land. Maybe you and Snowolf should go hang out.

Arbor has Sector 9 make their boards for them in their San Diego factory. That's it. Bob Carlson is the owner, founder, and CEO. Still independent. Billabongs big financial portfolio of brands does not include Arbor at all. If it did they would be so fucked by the gross mismanagement they would be dead right now. But alas you someone that doesn't work in the snow industry at all but once got a free sticker and a high five from a company thinks you know all.

Five years of Angrysnowboarder.com next month. Constant site growth, constant interaction, constant posting. Don't think I'm going anywhere at this point. Sites come and go with an average shelf life of 6 months, some make it to 2 years then flounder and die, 5 is solid. Relevancy is also another thing that matters and pretty sure I still make relevant observations. I'm not going anywhere and with what I'm working on now things are only getting bigger.

Is the French kid reference a reference to my French last name? Pretty sad if you're going that way.

You're still too mentally fractured to get why I even wrote what I did. Snowboarding doesn't need a political agenda thrown into what should have been a edit vs edit. They (Never Summer) made it the way it went and let the blind fanboyism go with it. They stooped lower and in the end effectively started to hurt snowboarding. They lost and hopefully it teaches them a lesson, we'll see how they're doing at the end of the 2014 sales and possibly even in to 2015.

My only agenda regardless of what people think is to make sure snowboarding is helped. Tomorrow Arbor could do something completely stupid and I would call them out for it. People seem to forget that when Never Summer was fighting that battle with Mervin over patents who I backed and why. Maybe if you did some research you would understand that, although since it's painfully obvious that you like to let emotion control the situation verse logic that's too much to ask.

You seem to think I need to legitimize myself or prove myself to you or anyone. I don't. That's just the real cold hard honest truth. I gave up trying to make everyone happy and just do what I need to do. I win some, I lose some and people will come and people will go. It's the nature of the beast.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He handed his own ass, Billabong might not own Arbor snowboards, ( sector 9 back in the day I think managed/built Arbor SKATEBOARDS, I skate too and maybe crossed data), but Angry™ really douchebagged™ up the contest and post on Facebook. He was the first one (almost a solitary voice) slinging mud about Never Summer's marketing strategy.

No one is bringing up the most important debate, how 6K votes is a "win" for snowboarding or a marketing campaign?

Angry™ and I both know this shit is not personal, it's business, and I imagine we will make some turns on the mountain together someday. I don't want to touch Angry's™ ass, Blunted-Nose.

Oh shiet. Angry just got handed his ass. Haha, shucks i could care less who won, but its nice to see the man get some of his own medicine.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those 4 French kids who "designed" a quick release binding, and you destroyed them thinking it was real? or did you remove it? The kid even replied, and you could not piece together his broken english to decipher it was NOT REAL, and kept going on and on about how wrong it was.

So once again the wild horn blower is off in La La land. Maybe you and Snowolf should go hang out.

Arbor has Sector 9 make their boards for them in their San Diego factory. That's it. Bob Carlson is the owner, founder, and CEO. Still independent. Billabongs big financial portfolio of brands does not include Arbor at all. If it did they would be so fucked by the gross mismanagement they would be dead right now. But alas you someone that doesn't work in the snow industry at all but once got a free sticker and a high five from a company thinks you know all.

Five years of Angrysnowboarder.com next month. Constant site growth, constant interaction, constant posting. Don't think I'm going anywhere at this point. Sites come and go with an average shelf life of 6 months, some make it to 2 years then flounder and die, 5 is solid. Relevancy is also another thing that matters and pretty sure I still make relevant observations. I'm not going anywhere and with what I'm working on now things are only getting bigger.

Is the French kid reference a reference to my French last name? Pretty sad if you're going that way.

You're still too mentally fractured to get why I even wrote what I did. Snowboarding doesn't need a political agenda thrown into what should have been a edit vs edit. They (Never Summer) made it the way it went and let the blind fanboyism go with it. They stooped lower and in the end effectively started to hurt snowboarding. They lost and hopefully it teaches them a lesson, we'll see how they're doing at the end of the 2014 sales and possibly even in to 2015.

My only agenda regardless of what people think is to make sure snowboarding is helped. Tomorrow Arbor could do something completely stupid and I would call them out for it. People seem to forget that when Never Summer was fighting that battle with Mervin over patents who I backed and why. Maybe if you did some research you would understand that, although since it's painfully obvious that you like to let emotion control the situation verse logic that's too much to ask.

You seem to think I need to legitimize myself or prove myself to you or anyone. I don't. That's just the real cold hard honest truth. I gave up trying to make everyone happy and just do what I need to do. I win some, I lose some and people will come and people will go. It's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Oh I'm sorry was pointing out the bullshit a no no? Damn guess I fouled that up.

Honestly I never would have given two shits about this contest had it just been about the edits and riding. But someones "pro America" agenda and mud slinging just went a little too far.

Never Summer did some serious damage to their brand here. Arbor kept it classy by not slinging back.

There's a ton of misinformation now floating around out there because of it. Both brands are going to have to spin some damage control now.

I pointed this out earlier through Facebook and yet no one seemed to notice. The point of BOTB's is to hype the guys that do get the invite to Super Park. That's a huge honor to be recognized as one of maybe 200 riders in the world that get to go and try and promote themselves. BOTB's exists to showcase a companies team of riders and their abilities. Why out of all this bullshit that went down did Never Summer never hype their riders? Do those guys not deserve to have a moment in the sun and be noticed? Nick Larson's double was sick and huge on that jump. Sad that they got over shadowed by America and fear mongering. If people can't see that then snowboarding is fucked and we should all just get speed suits and go skiing.

See you guys at the top of Epic Racing!

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Huh, Sick-Pow you must not have been paying attention to any of this before the Angry article got posted and he got a little more involved in the social media of all this. NS started pushing their bullshit made in the US agenda from the start. Digging at the other brands for being made overseas and claiming superiority just cause you produce domestically seems like a shitty way to try and win a video contest. From the beginning they were only concerned with being "more core" than their competitors. I defitiely saw Arbors edit getting pushed by their riders and Arbor pushing it for their riders. NS did nothing but bitch about how everyone else makes their stuff overseas. "ARBOR MOVES FACTORY TO DUBAI" what possible purpose does that serve other than an attempt to discredit the brands "core" level?

NeverSummer banks on being the frat bro favorite and tramp stamp of Colorado. It won't last forever. And the mood is already changing.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I think it's fine that never summer is proud to be able to have a factory in America and all that but when they started making undertones about how Arbor must be somehow inferior or that they somehow don't employ enough Americans because they have a factory in Dubai is when they lost me. They may not have said it right out like that but it seemed implied to me and once the NS fanboys got into it, it was over as far as civilization goes.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude, you got trolled here (read the comments,LOL):

The Secret Society of Knee Destroyers «

Agreed about the frat boy type of hype that the "made in america" tramp stamp carries, but Never Summer has always been about that, and this will blow over.

However, I don't remember seeing any mention of Dubai until YOUR editorial came out, but like Billabong, I could be wrong.

Maybe the best thing that could come out of this is an actual Never Summer team? Their movie each year would be rad with some big names.

Oh I'm sorry was pointing out the bullshit a no no? Damn guess I fouled that up.

Honestly I never would have given two shits about this contest had it just been about the edits and riding. But someones "pro America" agenda and mud slinging just went a little too far.

Never Summer did some serious damage to their brand here. Arbor kept it classy by not slinging back.

There's a ton of misinformation now floating around out there because of it. Both brands are going to have to spin some damage control now.

I pointed this out earlier through Facebook and yet no one seemed to notice. The point of BOTB's is to hype the guys that do get the invite to Super Park. That's a huge honor to be recognized as one of maybe 200 riders in the world that get to go and try and promote themselves. BOTB's exists to showcase a companies team of riders and their abilities. Why out of all this bullshit that went down did Never Summer never hype their riders? Do those guys not deserve to have a moment in the sun and be noticed? Nick Larson's double was sick and huge on that jump. Sad that they got over shadowed by America and fear mongering. If people can't see that then snowboarding is fucked and we should all just get speed suits and go skiing.

See you guys at the top of Epic Racing!

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Those 4 French kids who "designed" a quick release binding, and you destroyed them thinking it was real? or did you remove it? The kid even replied, and you could not piece together his broken english to decipher it was NOT REAL, and kept going on and on about how wrong it was.
And that has what to do with BOTB's?

Yeah I mocked a bad idea. I've mocked them for 10 plus years on the Internet. I'll continue to do it.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it. I made numerous references to them conceptualizing it and that it would be a shame if it ever existed. They just couldn't handle negative feedback. Part of design regardless if it's put into production or not will be feedback and constructive criticism.

I do agree NS has become the CO Tramp Stamp and them along with a few other brands have made a slightly kook image for the state. When I think of CO brands that get it I think Unity and Venture off the top of my head.

I would love to see a team movie from them promoting riders like Steez, Lynch, Chach, Farr, and more. They have some seriously devoted talent to that team, but they just don't care about them. Their movies are always lame and uninspiring. CO had some sick terrain although I think people just believe it's just big terrain parks and groomers.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
What Cro said.

Sure its great that they make their boards on American soil n what ever, but they were coming across as fair dickheads once they started discrediting their competitors. Stating that someones product is inferior because of its location of manufacture is not going to win you any international votes.

And whats with NS coming second? That's so unamerican....I think they are secretly commie bastards.

And I ride an SL.

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Huh, Sick-Pow you must not have been paying attention to any of this before the Angry article got posted and he got a little more involved in the social media of all this.

. NS did nothing but bitch about how everyone else makes their stuff overseas. "ARBOR MOVES FACTORY TO DUBAI" what possible purpose does that serve other than an attempt to discredit the brands "core" level?

NeverSummer banks on being the frat bro favorite and tramp stamp of Colorado. It won't last forever. And the mood is already changing.
3K people voting for Arbor, or 3K Never Summer is not a mood changer, just a gimmick marketing strategy. No one is paying attention.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am confused as to why anyone actually gives a shit. Its a completely unscientific poll taken on facebook by snowboarder magazine. If anyone actually buys a snowboard based off of a five minute video edit that won a popularity contest they have problems. Part of the problem with the whole thing is that it was called "Battle of the Brands". If you just voted without really reading what it was a vote for you would just think it was a vote for your favorite brand. And beyond that I didn't see anyone crying when NS crushed Burton and Burton had a much better video.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
3K people voting for Arbor, or 3K Never Summer is not a mood changer, just a gimmick marketing strategy. No one is paying attention.
I wasn't talking about the mood in any regards to the contest. I was talking about the mood towards Neversummer in snowboarding.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts