Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a snowboard bindings and boots for this season.

Let me give you some background, I did my lessons at Milton Keynes and have been to a few freestyle nights (on rental boards) I've been away once to Bulgaria, and I'm now looking for a beginner/intermediate board that I can progress on.

I'm 5 foot 11.5 / 6 foot. I weigh 14 stone 5 pounds, not fat but a large build.

I have size 10.5/11 feet but have a high instep and wide feet so looking for some recommendations on boots (I will go try them on, before purchasing).

I want a board where I can go off piste and carve nicely with good stability, but I enjoy rails and jumps a lot and want to be able to progress on these too.

My budget isn't the biggest but I don't want to skimp on a poor board that will just scratch and dry up. With the size of my feet a board that is 24.5cm+ width Is suitable I think.

Bindings no clue, good but budget.

Thanks Guys,

If you need any other info just post.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Sounds pretty much like my feet. Try the Nitro Team TLS boot. They're fairly expensive but this is were you'll make the biggest investment, and it's totally going to be worth it if they fit. Try them.

Good budget bindings? Burton Cartels (you'll need size L) are pretty standard and versatile bindings that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I'll leave the board comments to the experts.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Sounds pretty much like my feet. Try the Nitro Team TLS boot. They're fairly expensive but this is were you'll make the biggest investment, and it's totally going to be worth it if they fit. Try them.

Good budget bindings? Burton Cartels (you'll need size L) are pretty standard and versatile bindings that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I'll leave the board comments to the experts.
Pretty sure cartels in medium go to size 11.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts