Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wussup,

Looking for recommendations on jacket and pants? Which are good brands, etc!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wussup,

Anything with goretex works well, arcteryx and northface are very popular here although a bit overpriced. Also how wet is the snow you normally get, and how cold is it? Those would help you determine the level of waterproofing you need and insulation.
Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything with goretex works well, arcteryx and northface are very popular here although a bit overpriced. Also how wet is the snow you normally get, and how cold is it? Those would help you determine the level of waterproofing you need and insulation.
Cheers!
It gets pretty cold up here in NY State. Thanks for the recommendation! I don't really dress fitted/ tight on the mountains so in terms of clothing need to find brands that arent tight

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wussup,

[/QUO
Wussup,

Gortex can be expensive, so anything minimum with 15k waterproof rating will be fine, theirs tons of brands out there that are good like 686, volcom, Thirty Two, DC, Burton, northface etc....

·
Registered
532 Posts
I’m from the East Coast also(NJ) and I’ll be the odd man out. I have the jacket below and and paid $80. It’s only 10k. It’s extremely light and breathes vert well. I’ve never been cold and I’ve never been wet. Again the east coast isn’t overly wet or overly cold. I’ve Been to Vermont where it was 5 degrees and I was fine With an under armor base layer and a thin fleece mid layer( obviously mask and goggle). I don’t think a $300 gore tex jacket is needed for 90% of people

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m from the East Coast also(NJ) and I’ll be the odd man out. I have the jacket below and and paid $80. It’s only 10k. It’s extremely light and breathes vert well. I’ve never been cold and I’ve never been wet. Again the east coast isn’t overly wet or overly cold. I’ve Been to Vermont where it was 5 degrees and I was fine With an under armor base layer and a thin fleece mid layer( obviously mask and goggle). I don’t think a $300 gore tex jacket is needed for 90% of people

ayee i'm orginally from NJ, that jacket is fire! Ill take a XXL! lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
I won’t be mad if you buy the red. Just let me know so we don’t show up in the same jacket. Seriously though maybe go to a nearby shop and try on thick coats and thin coats. I like lighter coats and manage my warmth with an extra layer underneath. Youll
Be shocked how warm you stay while boarding. Everyone always over dresses

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won’t be mad if you buy the red. Just let me know so we don’t show up in the same jacket. Seriously though maybe go to a nearby shop and try on thick coats and thin coats. I like lighter coats and manage my warmth with an extra layer underneath. Youll
haha I'm up in Upstate, NY. No worries for showing up with the same jacket! I don't like fitted so all good

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

This one is nice too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts