Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wanting to buy one for the upcoming season and all around general use but cant seem to decide which to get.
obviously people are gonna say gopro 3 but i dont think its that clear cut after watching the youtube video quality comparisons..
the contour + 2 seems to have the black edition beat in some areas.
any one use eithet camera ? or both for that matter?

·
The Swiss Miss
7,522 Posts

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
It's a subjective argument, that will always have different reasons for different cameras...

For the last 4 years i have been purely a Contour man, and my reasons are simple, ease of use, compatibility to other devices (iPhone, Mod Live etc), bluetooth, GPS, waterproof, different mounting abilities. The list goes on...

The best feature for me currently is the ability to stream live when hooked up to the Cerevo Live Shell. That is awesome.

I currently own 2 Contour+2's and my stepson (7) has a Roam.

However, i am going to step into the world of GoPro this year and get a Hero 3 Black Edition, simply because i want the mounting abilities for different uses, primarily a Quad Copter...!!!

The one thing i will comment on though, is consider the warranty when purchasing, as i have had 2 sensors shot out on Contours, and they have simply raised a RMA with no proof of purchase and simply stated to send the camera back, and within a couple of weeks had a brand new sealed in box replacement turn up with all associated accessories as well... Which is great service... :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I

The one thing i will comment on though, is consider the warranty when purchasing, as i have had 2 sensors shot out on Contours, and they have simply raised a RMA with no proof of purchase and simply stated to send the camera back, and within a couple of weeks had a brand new sealed in box replacement turn up with all associated accessories as well... Which is great service... :D
outstanding service lol.. thats definitely something to consider that hadnt even crossed my mind yet

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
outstanding service lol.. thats definitely something to consider that hadnt even crossed my mind yet
I attached one to my board, and it got shaken to pieces, after it showed blue lines down the middle of any recording, the other, well not so sure what happened to that, but it was almost 2 years old and had had 2 full seasons snowboarding, and a summer and a half of paintball, and had been battered to hell... With a total of about 800 hours recorded through it... So could of just been age, but they where happy to exchange no questions asked, that was the 1080hd version...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts