Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I currently ride a Ride DH2.6 152 with Burton Malavita's.

I ride 3 weeks a year on the mountain, and the rest of the time indoor centers which is more rails, kickers etc.

I find my DH2 great for kickers and high speed runs, but poor for buttering, box and rails and any sort of deep powder.

I was thinking is there aboard that does it all, or should i look keeping my DH2 for mountain and get something more playful for indoor?

Any help with board suggestions backed up by why would be really helpful.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I think no board does it all, and a 2 board quiver will cover more ground.

Especially if powder is one of the criteria.

First question is how much powder are you seeing?

If you ride Heli for those three weeks get a true powder board like a burton fish or cheetah.

If you ride the resort and get an occasional pow day maybe you should just move your bindings back for fresh days and get a park board for your indoor adventures.

If you want to go one board quiver anyways consider burton custom or Nug. Nug might be a good choice for park/pow.

I only know burton stuff, the rest of the snowboard universe I leave to the others here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think no board does it all, and a 2 board quiver will cover more ground.

Especially if powder is one of the criteria.

First question is how much powder are you seeing?

If you ride Heli for those three weeks get a true powder board like a burton fish or cheetah.

If you ride the resort and get an occasional pow day maybe you should just move your bindings back for fresh days and get a park board for your indoor adventures.

If you want to go one board quiver anyways consider burton custom or Nug. Nug might be a good choice for park/pow.

I only know burton stuff, the rest of the snowboard universe I leave to the others here.
No mega powder, just on resort when you stray of and find some powder, its nothing mega.

Its sounding like a 2 board option might be a better idea, especially as the Custom or Nug will set me back £450 - £550, where as i could keep my DH2 and get a more jib/rail board for indoor.

My DH2 felt ok on mountain, so i am happy to keep riding it, but are there any better boards for more all mountain fun?

·
Registered
919 Posts
find any used park board for indoors. The speed you get and the length of the runs really limits the amount of tech needed. Just go for something softish that you think is cool. Since you already like the DH find somethng with the same camber profile (i think that board is just cambered but i dont really know the ride line well) and get it a little shorter and boom indoor board.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
find any used park board for indoors. The speed you get and the length of the runs really limits the amount of tech needed. Just go for something softish that you think is cool. Since you already like the DH find somethng with the same camber profile (i think that board is just cambered but i dont really know the ride line well) and get it a little shorter and boom indoor board.
DH2 is a hybrid camber twin, on the stiffer side. Ride DH2 Snowboard Review | The Good Ride

My dh2 is 152, Im 5'7, 69kg, and size boot 7.5uk. Any recommendations on what board i should look for indoor and the length i should go for? I find my DH2 to be excellent when landing from a kicker, id like that in the indoor board i go for too.

Cheers.

·
Registered
919 Posts
look at the solomon villian.

The reason you find the dh2 excellent for landing from a kicker is its stiffness, you have to give some of that up when you go softer, I find my lobster parkbaord very forgiving on landings. There are probably like 20 boards that will work out for what you want. Look at something slight softer then mid stiffness.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look at the solomon villian.

The reason you find the dh2 excellent for landing from a kicker is its stiffness, you have to give some of that up when you go softer, I find my lobster parkbaord very forgiving on landings. There are probably like 20 boards that will work out for what you want. Look at something slight softer then mid stiffness.
Cheers man I'll take a look. Ideally will a camber be good for all types of indoor, boxes, rails, jumps, buttering, or should i look at a rocker?

And should i go any shorter than 152 that im on now?

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I've checked out the Arbor Draft 150 and the DC PBJ 149.

Anyone ridden these boards, there not badly priced £165, the Arbor sounds really soft and awesome for jibbing, the DC sounds abit more stiffer but not much but reviews say it gives more pop and more stable at landings whilst still being really playful.

Any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts