Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about what bindings would best match the Proto HD. I rid mostly groomers and park but do not want park bindings. I like things under me to be responsive. I have a Proto HD and DC Judge boots size 10.5.

I am looking along the lines of Union SL's but cannot find any pairs. Other options are the union atlas, flux sf45, boss 390, maybe the contact pro, and any other ideas you gurus may have. Looking at something as close to $200 as possible. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I am curious about what bindings would best match the Proto HD. I rid mostly groomers and park but do not want park bindings. I like things under me to be responsive. I have a Proto HD and DC Judge boots size 10.5.

I am looking along the lines of Union SL's but cannot find any pairs. Other options are the union atlas, flux sf45, boss 390, maybe the contact pro, and any other ideas you gurus may have. Looking at something as close to $200 as possible. Thanks!
Green Burton Genesis. My bud got himself this exact setup and it is going to be killer. Except your looking closer to 280.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Green Burton Genesis. My bud got himself this exact setup and it is going to be killer. Except your looking closer to 280.
I've heard good things about the genesis... forgot about them.
Noted. Thanks!
I'll se how much last year genesis is running

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've heard good things about the genesis... forgot about them.
Noted. Thanks!
I'll se how much last year genesis is running
$200 for last years or ~$240 for this years. As always you guys are the best!:bowdown:

FINE! ill get this years! Being a 10.5 boot do you thing it would be better to get a Med or large binding? Either squeezing into a med or having extra space in a large?

*** EDIT*** I found '14 green machine in large for $220 on ebay. should I grab them now? Saving $80 Sale ends very soon need feedback now?!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I wear 10.5 and I went with a large in my el Hefe's. Seems to be a good fit

(Base pad wasn't fully attached in this pic)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Large will probably work better. Even with my size 10 boots I have problem with a lot of medium bindings so I always just get large and they fit perfect. So get large unless you go to a store and try it yourself.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
The Genesis concerns me, just not journeyman enough maybe?

If I were shopping, my shortlist:

Cartel or 'Vita
K2 Company IPO
Now IPO
something from FLUX

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
Very tempted to pull the trigger on those Now IPOs. I really wanna give them a try. I'll probably do it through Amazon as I have a couple hundred dollars in my account and I'll most likely end up returning them if they don't blow my mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you think is the best choice. Burton Malavita, Genesis or Flux DL (is the new DMCC light), or is the Flux to soft?

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Around $200 for a "non-park" binding on a Proto: K2 Formula, Salomon Chief, Flux DMCC Light, Burton Malavita, or Nitro Phantoms. Pick the features you want most.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm thinking Flux DS (if I get the Proto). Flexy highback but a bit of response as well. I hope someone reviews them soon. Doesn't hurt that the black/blue would match both boards this year (rocknrolla ...)

SNOWBOARD BINDINGS?FLUX BINDINGS?2013-2014 OFFICIAL WEBSITE / PRODUCTS >> DS
Hey Jdang, to each there own but I think Nivek is right with suggesting the DL; I've got the Proto CT (HD is stiffer) and it matched nicely to an old set of TT30. Note, DL and DS have the same highback and alpha base shape, it's the carbon (stiffer) infuse and Ti screws that differentiate the DL and DS.

But IMO, the "DS and Evo" and the "TT and Proto HD" would make a great pairings.

Just my 2 cents but as always, ride what feels best to you.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Here is a description of the new Flux bindings from LadyFlinstone (Works for Flux)

Sure thing..... hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.
For Flux 2014----
DM - lightest weight (carbon infused), most responsive highback/baseplate.
SF - most responsive highback/baseplate, (about the same stiffness as DM but made from high density fiberglass... not carbon).
DL - lightweight (carbon infused) most responsive baseplate, high/medium stiffness in highback (semi-wing)
DS - high/medium stiffness in baseplate, high/medium stiffness in highback (semi-wing)
TT - medium stiffness in baseplate, medium stiffness in highback
RL - soft highback, medium baseplate.
RK - softest highback (urethane), medium baseplate
PR - soft highback, soft baseplate.

WOMENS:
GM: stiffest highback, stiff baseplate.
GL : medium highback, medium baseplate
GU : softest highback (urethane), soft baseplate.
The DS is actually stiffer/more responsive than the TT. The DL is slightly more responsive than the DS but from the description, pretty close.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts