Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello There,

I'm looking for a recommendation on bindings for a Never Summer CRC Ripsaw profile board. I'm currently participating in my 4th season snowboarding and loving every minute of it! I live in the Midwest and have a season pass to a local 700ft hill we call Granite Peak in Wisconsin. When I started snowboarding I had no idea it would consume my life!

I currently ride a K2 Raygun with K2 Indy bindings that I picked up from a local shop 4 years ago. I think this has been a great starting board for me but have been told by friends that I need to upgrade because of how stiff the board and bindings are. I'm trying to progress in the park and on jumps but still love pow days and ride all mountain when we head out west once a year.. I recently road a NS Evo 2013 and fell in love with it... Also had the chance to ride a Proto HD and a GNU Space Case. I love the CRC profile that these boards offered and feel that it gives me the best of both worlds being in the Midwest.

My plan in the off season is to pick up a NS type 2 or Funslinger, I'm just not sure what bindings to put in it. My K2 Indy's are really stiff, I've been told to check out Unions and Burtons as the offer softer but still responsive binds.

I'm 5"9 190lb
Ride Midwest hills mostly with one trip out west each year. (KirkWood and Heavenly in April this year)
Progressing in the park, jumps and all mountain. Some pow days but 10" is the max we get in a week here in WI.

I would appreciate any input! Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
One clarification: you mention RCR (Rocker Camber Rocker) profile for NS boards, but they are the opposite: CRC (Camber Rocker Camber).

Here is a pic of the new Ripsaw profile 2018 Chairman, showing it's profile. For the way I ride these boards, I am thinking the Now Drive would be a good match, even though that's not what I am running on this board. I don't have a spare pair to use, but I think that's what I would mount if I did have another pair. Others will have different opinions. I'm not sure people like these bindings for park or not, but I like them for free-riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yep. You are correct. There's camber under feet with rocker in the middle. Brain disconnect.

One clarification: you mention RCR (Rocker Camber Rocker) profile for NS boards, but they are the opposite: CRC (Camber Rocker Camber).

Here is a pic of the new Ripsaw profile 2018 Chairman, showing it's profile. For the way I ride these boards, I am thinking the Now Drive would be a good match, even though that's not what I am running on this board. I don't have a spare pair to use, but I think that's what I would mount if I did have another pair. Others will have different opinions. I'm not sure people like these bindings for park or not, but I like them for free-riding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes. CRC... Sorry about that lol. I typed this out late last night on my phone. I have grown to really enjoy this profile, my buddy has a Lib Tech TRS that I will be riding this weekend that has the CRC.

For the type of riding that I'm doing, a mix of All Mountain, Park, Jumps, Butters, and a little bit of Pow days :"( would you recommend the FS or the T2?

Appreciate all the info on bindings guys! My local shop stocks Unions, Burton, Flux and K2 so I'll be looking into those. :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts