Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a bunch of boards that I'm always keeping an eye out for in the hope that a) they come up new for some insane clearance price I can't resist or b) a second hand deck in great condition is listed on Marketplace or similar that I can grab online.

I thought it might be fun anyway to list your decks "under surveillance" and over the course of the thread amend the post to see which ones you've added/ridden and discarded.

For me I'm always looking out for:

• Korua TF
  • Telos Backslash and Mike Ranquet
  • K2 Simple/Niseko Pleasures & Instrument
  • Lib Tech Dynamo
  • Amplid Souly Grail
  • GNU Gremlin
  • Moss C3/Fluffy 54/Jellyfish
Little bit of a pattern there.

These decks never come up for sale, especially in Aus, out of the listed decks above I've seen the TF secondhand and regret to this day I never grabbed it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have the first 3 on your list, they are definitely worth riding! Very similar but all have their subtle differences to change the ride just a little bit, hope you can find them!
Heres a few that I wanna try, hopefully can pick up 1-2 second hand at the end of the season-
Never Summer Hammer
Gnu Gremlin
Gnu Fun Guy
K2 Excavator
Salomon Dance Haul(got a feeling this is the one im gonna end up grabbing)

·
Registered
337 Posts
  • Salomon DanceHaul
  • Slash vertical split
  • Amplid Dada, Soulygrail
  • A gentemstick
  • Some Weston (Japow, Backwood ?)
  • Korua Dart, Otto, Escalator plus
  • Nidecker Tracer, Mosquito
  • Rossignol sashimi (split or not)
  • K2 Party Platter, Special Effect
  • Captia Mercury (just because everyone says it's so good)
This is more a list of board I want to demo actually…

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
i could have picked up an Endeavor archetype for $250 on clearance last summer and i'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger
Yeah... I definitely looked at so many things when prices were chopped way down during that part of the pandemic. I should probably have bought everything because apparently everything is more expensive now so I wouldn't even have lost money on it lol.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Hmmm.

Similar to others:

Lib tech dynamo
Gnu gremlin
Anything TJ brand and then stuff like gentemstick, moss, snowfisk, etc. Just like the weird boutique brands
Anything amplid (only been on a penta)
Signal tailgunner, wow, and the sierra. I'm really curious how signal's take on 'edgetech' or whatever works.
Arbor annex and cask.
Korua dart 152 and TF 154
Salomon dancehaul
Honestly some of the newer burton boards look pretty cool.

TLDR; anything that's hyped or has a following. It's just cool to try stuff that a lot of other people seem to like, but it's hard to do it in context of the usual conditions we experience on the ice coast. That's why I started the ice coast review thread so realistically, a lot of these boards I'd love to demo/rent if I'm out west. In some places they'll let you play x amount of money and demo boards for a day. If the runs are long enough, it could really cool to take the hit and spend a day trying 3-4 different boards in their so called 'ideal conditions' to feel the difference out.

Realistically though, I sometimes feel like I spend too much energy looking into and trying new boards. Part of me just wants to put everything away and ride my iguchi and spam full time for a year or two and see what happens.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Had a Gnu Banked Country in my grubby little hands at a shop over the weekend - definitely on my radar. I've heard good things about the Nidecker Ultralight and Megalight so if the right deal came along I'd try to pick one up - prefer the Ultralight at the moment.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I could make this a very long list hah, I'll go with boards I would probably buy if I found a deal or an empty spot in the quiver for.

Weston - Japow, Backwoods.
Niche - Maelstrom
Nitro - Slash, Cannon
Rome - Ravine Select
Mervins - Banked Country, BRD, Dynamo, Gremlin
Korua - Transition Finder (new one) and Dart
Amplid - Surfari, Pentaquark
Salomon - Dancehaul Pro - I'm so damn curious but can't bring myself to pay retail.
Signal - Yup, Tailgunner
Telos - Mike Ranquet - I would already own this if it wasn't the ugliest fucking graphic on the planet.
Prior - Khyber, solid or split.
Stranda - Shorty

·
Registered
350 Posts
i could have picked up an Endeavor archetype for $250 on clearance last summer and i'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger

I picked up one during their blowout sale. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet (no powder on the east coast yet). Supposedly there is a nice storm coming this weekend with 12" of pow. I hoping to break that plastic seal.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I picked up one during their blowout sale. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet (no powder on the east coast yet). Supposedly there is a nice storm coming this weekend with 12" of pow. I hoping to break that plastic seal.
You dont need powder if you just wanna get a feel for the board, it absolutely rips on groomers

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is only ONE:

155 Gentemstick Chaser HP

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
There is only ONE:

155 Gentemstick Chaser HP

Good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk