Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Working on it, follow the insta for the most up to date info
Any specs to share at least? If there's a 160ish Superposition in the range of 310/260/300 @8m radius I'll pre order 😅

What factory are they out of?

·
Registered
259 Posts
For me I'm always looking out for:

• Korua TF
  • Telos Backslash and Mike Ranquet
  • K2 Simple/Niseko Pleasures & Instrument
  • Lib Tech Dynamo
  • Amplid Souly Grail
  • GNU Gremlin
  • Moss C3/Fluffy 54/Jellyfish
My list:
Amplid Singular 154 (22/23 release board)
GNU Banked Country 155
GNU Gremlin 152
Korua Noserider
Snoplanks Asym Fish 156/160
Telos Backslash 148
Telos Ranquet 156

This season I bought and tried out:
Weston Range 155
K2 Niseko Pleasures 151
Lib Tech Orca 150

The Range was a good all around board. Bought it for $250 on a whim. It's just a snowboard that does snowboard things. I thought it rode switch pretty crappy which was a surprise. I may sell it.

Niseko Pleasures is a great on piste super fun snowsurf style carver. I still own it. Not great at speed but impressive for ripping low to mid speed carves in good snow. I did get it into 2.5 to 3ft of lower angle stuff (rope drop after a couple of snow days) and honestly thought it sucked and got bogged down which was really surprising.

The Orca was great in tight trees and pow but uninspired on piste. Got rid of it after a handful of powder days. I don't enjoy powder boards that are boring on piste (I ride resort... Maybe I'd have a different point of view if sled access).

I sold my 157 Surfari (my first Amplid) which I loved in wide open bowls and on groomers. We don't have as much wide open terrain where I ride here in Utah, but I imagine that in the Alps its just a magical freeride board. It was also great on groomers, but my Penta is better so that superceded it except on variable days. The reason I sold it is that at 155lbs I felt like it took me for a ride more often in tight bumpy trees than I was comfortable with. If I was 10 or 15 lbs heavier I bet that wouldn't have been the case.

Just last week I purchased an Amplid Souly Grail 157 and a Moss Jellyfish 156. Found them both for almost half off and couldn't resist. I don't know anyone with a moss so excited to try something totally different, and as I have ridden (and love) the other three Amplid Centrifugal collection boards I wanted to try this. I get them in next week.

Ive been told that prices are going up $100 across the board next year on most brands, so if you're looking to grab something for next season now is the time. I may buy a couple others to try if I find a good deal. I'd really like to try GNUs C3 profile.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
My list:
Amplid Singular 154 (22/23 release board)
GNU Banked Country 155
GNU Gremlin 152
Korua Noserider
Snoplanks Asym Fish 156/160
Telos Backslash 148
Telos Ranquet 156

This season I bought and tried out:
Weston Range 155
K2 Niseko Pleasures 151
Lib Tech Orca 150

The Range was a good all around board. Bought it for $250 on a whim. It's just a snowboard that does snowboard things. I thought it rode switch pretty crappy which was a surprise. I may sell it.

Niseko Pleasures is a great on piste super fun snowsurf style carver. I still own it. Not great at speed but impressive for ripping low to mid speed carves in good snow. I did get it into 2.5 to 3ft of lower angle stuff (rope drop after a couple of snow days) and honestly thought it sucked and got bogged down which was really surprising.

The Orca was great in tight trees and pow but uninspired on piste. Got rid of it after a handful of powder days. I don't enjoy powder boards that are boring on piste (I ride resort... Maybe I'd have a different point of view if sled access).

I sold my 157 Surfari (my first Amplid) which I loved in wide open bowls and on groomers. We don't have as much wide open terrain where I ride here in Utah, but I imagine that in the Alps its just a magical freeride board. It was also great on groomers, but my Penta is better so that superceded it except on variable days. The reason I sold it is that at 155lbs I felt like it took me for a ride more often in tight bumpy trees than I was comfortable with. If I was 10 or 15 lbs heavier I bet that wouldn't have been the case.

Just last week I purchased an Amplid Souly Grail 157 and a Moss Jellyfish 156. Found them both for almost half off and couldn't resist. I don't know anyone with a moss so excited to try something totally different, and as I have ridden (and love) the other three Amplid Centrifugal collection boards I wanted to try this. I get them in next week.

Ive been told that prices are going up $100 across the board next year on most brands, so if you're looking to grab something for next season now is the time. I may buy a couple others to try if I find a good deal. I'd really like to try GNUs C3 profile.
So what’s your go to deep powder board in Utah? I live in park city and weigh 140 lbs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Still looking for the perfect ride. This season we didn't have too many deep days to test. Honestly, the Neversummer Swift 157 was very good (had it for two seasons), but I just didnt like it's performance in the variable rutted out stuff. I'm hoping that I'll love the Souly Grail 157 in pow and on piste. I hear it rides smaller than the size in comparison to the surfari and is more torsionally soft which I think was the reason i didn't get along with the surfari in tight stuff.

It's always a balancing act, but I feel like volume shifted boards just have too many negatives for me to always ride, but possibly I just need a stiffer one (Telos Backslash)?

Right now I own about seven boards (with two on the way). My ideal quiver would be six boards:

• Rock Board (Don't have one right now)
  • Park Board (Amplid Stereo 155, would have preferred one size down I think)
  • All mountain board (Weston Range)
  • Carving Board (Amplid Pentaquark)
  • Pow/Trees (K2 Niseko Pleasures)
  • Splitboard (Amplid Surf Shuttle)

The Souly Grail may replace the Niseko pleasures.. we'll see.

The Amplid Singular 154 may replace the Weston Range 155 (if I pick one up) and the Range may stay on as my eventual rock board.

The Moss Jellyfish may be just a novelty board or it may alternate with my pentaquark for carving... It's too expensive of a board to ride on most powder days here or in variable stuff. I'll destroy it. Maybe a 7th board category would be the rare novelty quiver ride if I choose to keep it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I have my eye on the souly grail but was thinking the new 153 model...and yes powder boards weren’t needed much this season. Wonder if we will get much this weekend.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you end up with the 153 we can compare notes next season. I think that they will both be great and we're kind of in between both of them. I have a feeling the 57 will be better at speed and in open pow whole the 53 better in tighter stuff.

I don't think we'll get much this weekend but I hope I'm wrong.

I have heard that the Singulars are amazing. If they are really as good as I've heard from a few testers, a 154 Singular could replace a lot of boards in the quiver... That would be nice.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I remember reading you were like 140lbs, right? If I were you I'd look for the 153 souly and a maybe a 149 Singular (although that may be a tad small).
140 yes... Singular? Wasn’t even really see anything that made sense when I did a Google search. Link please.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Where did you buy the Moss Jellyfish from? I’ve been eyeing that board for a while.
There was one left on snowcountry.eu -- they still have a Moss Mini Long if you're eyeing the profile more than the style. I really wanted to try something unique and I figured that the Step Back Rocker that the Mini Long (and the Jellyfish) has is the most unique I was going to get rather than the Snowsurf Camber on all the other ones that were available. It was tough for me to choose the Jellyfish over the Mini Long honestly, but I ended up going for the shorter length.

Eyebrow Rectangle Font Eyewear Electronic device

·
Registered
259 Posts
140 yes... Singular? Wasn’t even really see anything that made sense when I did a Google search. Link please.

You should take a look at the Amplid Spray Tray too.. I considered it but I'm not light enough.

It's 80 euros for shipping for one or two boards to the USA. You will have to pay duties but they will be between $20 and $30 usually.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts