Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who are some of the best boot fitters in souther new england preferably CT or Ma? I had some serious numbness and pain last year with my Forum Kickers the local shop I got them from just did not know enough about boot fitting, and I want to get the perfect fitting boots. So I can actually snowboard for more than just a couple hours a day this year. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried them but I found a good boot fitter in CT and ill see what they say and ill try some more insoles.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Skip the boot fitter. Boot fitters are best suited to help skiers with hard boots where liners, footbeds, and boots are custom fit. A snowboard boot isn't anything like that. Each boot fits differently. If you're having pain and numbness then your boots are either too small or too tight. If you're over-tightening your boots in the quest for more support then you need a stiffer boot that fits your foot correctly.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Skip the boot fitter. Boot fitters are best suited to help skiers with hard boots where liners, footbeds, and boots are custom fit. A snowboard boot isn't anything like that. Each boot fits differently. If you're having pain and numbness then your boots are either too small or too tight. If you're over-tightening your boots in the quest for more support then you need a stiffer boot that fits your foot correctly.
blasphemy!.............

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
blasphemy!.............
Yeah, I take that back. I've actually learned quite a bit from from the boot fitters I've dealt with over the years, but some were a huge waste of time. I don't think they'll be able to help you with your current boots...new foot beds aren't going to cure the numbness, and they might be able to doctor your liners, but really they'll just be cutting pieces out to relieve pressure points...certainly not ideal. But they'll def be able to fit you into a new pair of boots if you don't have much experience fitting them on your own. Sometimes I forget that not everyone has 20+ years of boot trial and error.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts