Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was an absolutely epic day on Seymour. They got 48cm of new, and not typical west coast poo either. The temps stayed low enough that it was actual pow, and stayed actual pow. The day also had no fog, no rain, and even some sun.

Over the course of the day I hit my first street-style box, first picnic table, first ad-libbed 180 off a side hit, and first time on a couple of runs that had been intimidating me. Also spent half the day in the park, hitting the new features they've set up for beginners. Certainly gets my vote for my best day.

So, do you remember a specific day that you'd call your best boarding day? Was it because you nailed something new, or maybe just one of those magic days when everything goes right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Must say today and tomorrow!

Today I landed my first backflip, 2nd try. Havent even landed a 360 yet. Still great fun learning, havent been on a snowboard since I was 13. Now being 20 and in my first month of boarding again, I like the progression!

Tomorrow! Has been snowing like mad, 30-40cm of sweet fluffy snow. Also testing the big jump and park before its officially opening. Going out at 8:30. Well stoked :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
best day for me is still last season mega storm pow day....

·
Premium Member
7,662 Posts
2 weeks ago we had a midweek 10" pow day about 6 days before my break. The riding was amazing and I had a great day in general, one of those where your yelling as you hit a roller and jump it..... Plus it was my last good day of this season.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I was up at Snoqualmie yesterday and it was the same way. Had a sweet ass afternoon and night of riding in the powder. My class loved it a ton. They now want powder for every class. I told them they're smart kids and I want the same thing! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,662 Posts
I was up at Snoqualmie yesterday and it was the same way. Had a sweet ass afternoon and night of riding in the powder. My class loved it a ton. They now want powder for every class. I told them they're smart kids and I want the same thing! :laugh:
What kinda class?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
best day = this season so far. Been doing so much more in riding park features than I thought I would ever do.
Day specific, probably yesterday hitting my 1st big park jumps for big air !!!!!

Sounds like a good day riding for you Donutz

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
One of my best days ever was last spring, bluebird day with fresh pow hiking Cowboy Ridge above Stevens Pass. Epic.

...speechless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My best day ever: Drove to meadows after getting off work at 10pm friday night. Woke up early in the parking lot to find a foot+ fresh covering my jeep. Walked up to the lift line, and during my streaching ski patrol offered to take me up with them. Rode up and half way up we broke through the clouds and it was blue skies and beautiful. On the way back down we stoped to admire the other three mountain tops breaking through the tops of the clouds from where we sat. I didn't have a camera at the time, but that picture will always be with me. Also, the tracks we were laying down was awesome. Never have experianced that again since.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
^^^^If you're talking about my avatar, then yes, that is the Snoqualmie area. It's somewhere between the Triple 60 chair and Central Express. Of course, it's about 3 seasons old now. :laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yesterday I had the most amazing day at sunshine in banff. The powder had dumped all night the day before and all day long it was snowing. Coming from a small city hill this was one of the most amazing times I've had boarding. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
My best day was last year when I got to ride in "Midwest pow" (3-5 inches of fresh snow)...Up until that point I only had ridden on hard packed Midwest groomers....

I drove up in a snowstorm which was very stupid on my part. A three hour drive turned out to be 4 and a half hours. Along the way I must of seen 10 plus cars in the ditch. It was well worth it though. I can only imagine what real pow is like....I do have a trip planned to Whistler next year....Hopefully I'll get to ride in some real pow:0

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts