Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing a lot of snowboarders wearing Under Armour Hoodies lately for spring and summer riding. Under Armour has something called 'armour fleece' in some of their hoodies that offers some level of water protection and warmth.

I know that if most people are short on cash...they will just wear whatever basic hoodie they have lying around. But I was wondering...If you had the extra money and wanted to splurge a little on a hoodie specifically suited for snowboarding that offers some amount of water/snow protection and/or just warmth...What brands/hoodies would they be...?

·
Registered
905 Posts
just about every company will have some form of hoody with a DWR coating. usually 5k resistance at best but thats fine for your intended use. there is no "best" really. just pick a brand/color/style/whatever that you like and can afford and go for it. Only note is that they often tend to run a bit big compared to regular hoodies for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If you have extra money...don't waste it on a fucking hoodie...go snowboarding more! :wink:
Can't really argue with that sentiment.

But I will say: I own a couple of DWR hoodies because you can usually find them around 40-50 end of season (a decent regular hoody costs that these days). Use them here and there for riding but they are quite clutch for the weird New England fall/winter/confused hybrid that we have been getting for the past couple of years.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Under armour has really done a great job over the past few years of making better outer wear. They make some great hybrid hoodies for sure. Buy what you can afford, some have a bigger budget than others.

·
Registered
968 Posts
You can never have enough hoodies. Just buy as many as you can. Also plaid is super cute on the hill too. Love me some plaid. And a hockey jersey, love that look oh also cute is a short sleeve tee over a long sleeve one. Very cute look.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
You can never have enough hoodies. Just buy as many as you can. Also plaid is super cute on the hill too. Love me some plaid. And a hockey jersey, love that look oh also cute is a short sleeve tee over a long sleeve one. Very cute look.

:blink:

Are you snowboarding or looking to date a model? ;) :lol:

I look awful in just about everyone of those fashion statements. (...except a buffalo plaid lumberjack shirt!) :D. But I don't wear those to ride! :blink: lol

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
:blink:

Are you snowboarding or looking to date a model? ;) :lol:

I look awful in just about everyone of those fashion statements. (...except a buffalo plaid lumberjack shirt!) :D. But I don't wear those to ride! :blink: lol
Shouldn't matter what you think you look like. It should matter what the chick your interested in thinks...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reason for the thread is...I don't have a quality hoodie right now that can withstand some snowboarding abuse. I really want a hoodie for warm spring park laps and I am now thinking about pulling the trigger on a Under Armour hoodie just to try out.

If anyone has any experience with the Under Armour hoodies...What's the build, quality, warmth, weight like...?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Reason for the thread is...I don't have a quality hoodie right now that can withstand some snowboarding abuse. I really want a hoodie for warm spring park laps and I am now thinking about pulling the trigger on a Under Armour hoodie just to try out.

If anyone has any experience with the Under Armour hoodies...What's the build, quality, warmth, weight like...?
None from under armor but I have/have had some from nike,adidas,burton,analog,capita and some others im probably forgetting. of those, analog was the lightest and really just a shell, burton was probably the closest thing to a snowboard jackets ratings wise. capita was pretty warm. nike and adidas both cool and probably in the realm of the "steeze" youre picturing in your head.

What size are you? I know there have been a bunch getting put up on ST lately

·
Registered
968 Posts
We have dozens in this house. Some UA. They are fine. The large logo ones are out now. My DH says they are for fat people lol. But we still have some.
Online has loads of sales and codes.
One thing I will say is the storm tech resists water better than a regular cotton hoodie and I like the silky fabric. Other than that they are all the same. A hoodie is a hoodie. Burton makes a similar fabric too. Burtons are better looking imo and far more steezy...but honestly it's a hoodie. Stock up. You can never have enough. The DC ones are cute imo.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I am seeing a lot of snowboarders wearing Under Armour Hoodies lately for spring and summer riding. Under Armour has something called 'armour fleece' in some of their hoodies that offers some level of water protection and warmth.

I know that if most people are short on cash...they will just wear whatever basic hoodie they have lying around. But I was wondering...If you had the extra money and wanted to splurge a little on a hoodie specifically suited for snowboarding that offers some amount of water/snow protection and/or just warmth...What brands/hoodies would they be...?
You seem like you would know

Do you prefer boxers or briefs for snowboarding...???

I like boxers for everyday walking, but snowboarding in briefs is a little warmer.

Thoughts..??

·
Registered
83 Posts
I picked up a Burton bonded hoodie in a sale last year and it is great. I have ridden it in rain, wet wet snow, wiped out in a puddle and stayed dry in it. It's also useful for aprés snow and works great as a mid layer on a cold day. I have picked up two more in the sales for me and have given them away as gifts too. You can't go wrong with the burton bonded hoodie.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Breck hoodie is great. Made by some company called Badger sports. Got it one day, late season at Breck when I forgot my jacket. It's my go to hoodie mainly because it has a giant Breckenridge printed across the chest and I carved pencil thin lines all over Peak 9 that day. I doubt it's very waterproof, but I've mastered the art of not falling so I don't care. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use a volcom hoodie with zip tech and couldn’t recommend their stuff enough. It has some water resistance. I’d guess they still make them? Mines a few years old now. Love the zip tech so I don’t get the spring slush down my pants.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I might buy a hoodie for snowboarding this season if I can find one on sale. The only fleece I have that is not cotton (a Patagonia I use for hiking) is too tight to fit over my armour. During spring time I am usually fine with just a base layer and my armour (may even feel hot under that more often than not), and for the odd days where it's a bit cooler, rainning or windy (or both) I will still keep my winter shell in my backpack. Get's the job done, but I do think that a hoodie would be a better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the Volcom Hydro hoodie for snowdome and super hot days, it isnt waterproof but it dries so quickly (quicker than regular fleece) you barely notice when wearing a base layer but the breeze comes through it sooo nicely :D also I got a DC dwr coated hoodie for 40 euros the other day, havent been able to try it yet in the snow bit is a bit thicker and warmer. It does really repel water like crazy (I just had to try it under the tap lol) so its a bit better than my volcom hoodie on those days where you are taking a gamble on the weather a little bit.
On cold days or heavy snow/rain I always just go with my 15k jacket ofcourse ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts