Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of problems with flat light when riding. Currently have these goggles, Oakley Crowbar Factory Pilot with blue iridium lenses.

CF47ACAC-217B-4E58-9244-84B62837288C.jpeg

They’re a good middle of the road lense but for me feel like they’re only good in sunny weather.

Any experiences with good low and flat light lenses from different manufacturers? Any input greatly appreciated

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
The Hi Pink Prizm from Oakley is the best flat light one I had so far. (Not rose. Pink.)
I had tried the Hi Yellow, too, but my eyes don't like them. I get dizzy.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I love my Anon M3 with Red Ice lens. Best low light lenses I have ever used by far. Only complaint is if the sun comes out my retinas fry. I'm also a fan of yellow lenses. Bonus points for the MFI face mask integration.

Kind of seems like any high end flat/low light goggle lens has it's fans.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Prizm Hi Pink or Prizm Rose have been amazing depending on how much ambient light there is. Hi Pink is more versatile for anything but brighter conditions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Really you want one of the newer goggles that have the selective constrast/band enhancement tech in the lens.

Ie. Oakley - Prizm (Hi Pink is very highly regarded for low light)
Smith - ChromaPop (Storm Yellow is incredibly well regarded, and some reviewers say it beats all the others out there, including Oakley's Prizm offerings, which due to Oakley's reputation/PR and of course the quality of the lenses, tend to be regarded as the industry standard for this kind of selective lens tech)
Anon - Sonar (Sonar Infrared is great for low light)
Dragon - Lumalens

So really you want goggle models from one of these companies where they offer lenses that have the above tech (all goggles in the last couple of years do) and then just need to choose the combination where the high light lens is the right VLT you want, and the low light lens has the right VLT you prefer for flat light. Some manufacturers don't give a second lens included with the goggle by default (ie. Oakley mostly).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes all that ☝? ... really just get the ones that fit your face the best.

my yellow flash are the alternate to everyday green on my I/O Mag XL

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Smith Yellow Storm lense for flat days, if its snowing and im wiping at the lens all day, im going clear, ruined enough lens coating in my life lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it. I’ll look into the suggestions. Right now leaning towards Oakley or Anon.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
I
Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it. I’ll look into the suggestions. Right now leaning towards Oakley or Anon.
I never tried Anon (my face is happy with the Oakley Flightdeck XM fit), but hubby adores the magnetic lense change system. May by worth a look at. I envy him for his super easy quick lense change

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
when I did a snowcat trip in BC (very humid compared to what I am used to) the goggles would fog up very bad while in the cat. the guides said don't wipe them off, just let them clear as you get out of the cat and they will be fine. Sure enough, this seemed to work on that day. Probably 30 seconds or so if I remember correctly, and the lenses cleared without being wiped. I would need more testing to see if this is really the way to go for keeping lenses fog free. Curious if others have also found this to be effective ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts