Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm predominantly new there and I would like to ask for your opinion about my board choice.

About me:
-I love to ride pow, all mountain terrains, and this year i will focus on park so basicly I am looking for a board that is good for park but is still capable of handling high speeds and everything else.
-I weight 175 pounds
-I'm 6'0
-I would say i ride pretty good, on my current board i can easily go full speed on high slopes. I can ride switch, jib, and do 360 easily.

With the new board i would like to keep these things and improve my freestyle skills. ---> 720,...

I was looking at these:

Salomon Villian
Never Summer proto HD

(I can't buy any Burton because of their binding technology (I think its called EST), and I'm keeping my current bindings.)

If you have any other suggestions please tell me. Also about the lenght of the board.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but you need something in addition to make it compatible. And anyway I dont realy like Burton. My favorite choice is NS proto, but the price is kinda ridiculous. 550$ :)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Yeah, but you need something in addition to make it compatible. And anyway I dont realy like Burton. My favorite choice is NS proto, but the price is kinda ridiculous. 550$ :)
if you're looking for a more park oriented board and already have a powder/all-mtn board, why not look at something like an Arbor Westmark or Blacklist? Those boards can still handle normal groomers but are playful enough in the park.

If you're looking to stay in the NS line and want more park oriented, I'd go Evo over the Proto. If you want a do it all board than can handle a little bit of everything but not really master any go Proto.

I love NS products, but there's no reason you have to be locked into their stuff especially if you're budget is tight.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
You might not need anything, depending on the bindings. For some you might need a different mounting disk which manufacturers happily hand out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts