Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Best Park Bindings?

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Weasley 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so i am looking for a new set of bindings for my park board set up. They are going to go on a Lobster Park Board. So right now I am rocking a pair of Cartels but I want something a little bit more soft and playful for those park days. I've looked into a few and have gotten a lot of great opinions and reviews but still cant decide on what I want. Here is a list of what I am considering ATM

-Ride Rodeo/Maestro- I like the softness of the bindings, they look great, heard a lot of good things but heard the aluminum baseplate isnt the best for park because of the flex.

-Flux DS/RL- Heard great stuff about Flux. I like the colors of them a lot, I like the mini wing on the DS's but may be a little stiff from what I am looking for, thats why I included the RL's.

-Solomon Holograms- I have been recommended these multiple times by multiple people. The Shadow Fit baseplate looks awesome to try out and sounds like it could be very very cool or not so much.

-Switchback- Havent really heard anything bad about them really but they do look very simple. I do like the color choosing part and I did like them for the most part when I handled them.

-Union Contact Pro/anything else?- Everyone talks about Union and says they are great. But i dont know enough about them to decide.

So now for my riding. I want something a bit softer than the Cartels which is rated a 7. I dont want anything too soft as I mainly hit park jumps and sometimes do rails and whatever else. So i am looking for a binding with a flex rating around 4-6. So I would like to here opinions of only bindings personally ridden and what yall think about them. I a mainly interested in what is listed but if theres anything else you'd like to throw out let me know! Thanks

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
-Union Contact Pro/anything else?- Everyone talks about Union and says they are great. But i dont know enough about them to decide.
I prefer the Atlas line to the Contacts for park. There are so many worthy bindings out there that it just comes down to personal preference.

Edit: I'm not sure if they changed anything on the Rodeo's this year but my brother has 2012's and they're relatively stiff. So if you're basing 'softness' on the Ride bindings you may find other brands much more flexible.

#5 ·
I have ridden switchbacks I like them a lot. The highbacks are very flexible torsionally but have a pretty good response front to back. Also you can ride them with no highbacks if you want to have more room to tweak out stuff. (havnt done this except in powder where it is very fun)

The colors swapping i could take or leave I do like that you can pretty much design the binding you want. I have the halldor model and i like it. (going to get jib padding this year though)

#6 ·
i've ridden the union contacts, the union contact pros, and the switchbacks before in the park, and i like the contacts the best for jibbing. if you like a slightly stiffer binding, i'd go with the contact pros. the switchbacks weren't my cup of tea. i like the convenience of switching my parts around at ease, but overall it's just a really simple binding with nothing too special about it. riding without highbacks can be fun tho

#8 ·
personally, since stiffer bindings are better for park, get some union chargers or maybe a burton diode. i like to ride with stiff bindings so my ankle feels like its about to snap, then you forget about all of the other pain you have.

just kiddingg dood, get some contact pros.

#12 ·
im under the impression that atlas's are a bit stiffer than contact's, but slightly flexier than the force's. can anyone confirm?

im hoping to use my atlas's for my all mountain/charging set up, so I was also having concerns about its stiffness. I do have an old pair of Force's I may keep as backup tho :)

anyways best of luck finding your park bindings. I swear by union and would automatically lean towards contacts for you, but find one that works for you! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.