Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a ton of vacation time left to use before 12/31 and am planning to take a trip out west. Coming from NY I know there isn't much snow around this time of the year and jan-feb would be my best bet. But I don't have that option, can anyone recommend somewhere that may have the most snow for this time of the year? :dunno:

12/9-12/13 would be ideal since it is away from the holidays and the stress that comes with that.

12/16-12/20 also works

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Up in the NW you could go to Schweitzer, Whitefish and Lookout(Small but almost always best snow) would be my recommendations. You also have Oregan for Mt Bachelor, Timberline and many more I just haven't been to them yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Early season is such a crap shoot. I have a plane ticket to denver for Dec 14 to come out for a week but I still have no idea where I will go. I did the same thing last year but ended up a week before switching my ticket to fly to Reno to board in Tahoe as they had better conditions early season. If you can afford it, it would be best to wait as close as possible to pick a spot to see who is getting the good early snow.

I will say it always seems like Wolf Creek gets good early snow every year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts