Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With remote work become the norm and summer heat. Mind tends to drift and day dream....
Looking for year around outdoor activity(snowboard/running/skateboard/hiking); low humidity in the summer.
Access to fast internet, variety of food/great grocery, relative cheap cost of living(unlikely now a day).
Any hidden gems that you are willing to share?

Baslat Co. Expensive but easy access to Aspen and it's a real town
Ogden Ut
Park City Ut
June Lake/Mammoth, Reno, NV/Lake Tahoe
Driggs/Victor, ID etc.
Ha... back to work before the thought police catch me...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Tahoe is incredible but far from cheap. I've considered moving there ever since my first trip and if you avoid South Lake it helps but it's still largely a luxury area and EXTREMELY crowded and popular year round. In fact summer there can be more crowded than winter days. But if you're ok with that and the money go for it.

Driggs is probably the best bet out of those. Its easily the uglier less attractive part of the Tetons but thats what also allows it to remain semi affordable while being right across from one of the most expensive ski areas in the country. I personally think the Tetons are the greatest place in the country so even if I have to sacrifice living more on the farmland side of themto beable to access them Ill take it. I just got back from hikingand camping there (Garnet Canyon/Lower saddle is the best day hike I've done in my life) And stayed in Driggs for a week of riding this winter.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
If I had to live in the States I'd probably be somewhere in Northern Montana or Idaho, Whitefish or Sandpoint areas.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sandpoint, Idaho. Schweitzer is awesome. Quaint little town, 50 minutes from larger quaint town of Coeur d'Alene and close to larger city of Spokane. I have 5 ski mountains 50 minutes from my house. Schweitzer is so superior I never visit the others but there not bad local hills.
Huge beautiful lakes, plenty to do in summer.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Sandpoint, Idaho. Schweitzer is awesome. Quaint little town, 50 minutes from larger quaint town of Coeur d'Alene and close to larger city of Spokane. I have 5 ski mountains 50 minutes from my house. Schweitzer is so superior I never visit the others but there not bad local hills.
Huge beautiful lakes, plenty to do in summer.
Maybe you missed the memo. We're not talking about Sandpoint here. It's terrible and Schweitzer is an unknown mountain for good reason.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Maybe you missed the memo. We're not talking about Sandpoint here. It's terrible and Schweitzer is an unknown mountain for good reason.
Yep, and it's way too close to Montana, which sucks even worse. Stay away

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
676 Posts
If I had to live in the States I'd probably be somewhere in Northern Montana or Idaho, Whitefish or Sandpoint areas.
Yes, Whitefish. Only place in Montana worth living, the rest of the state sucks, and it's too close to Idaho, which is even worse.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seeing what's going on in Tahoe right now, and the effects from Ikon crowding last Winter... if I were looking to spend the Winter boarding as much as possible and living as cheaply as possible I would research lesser-traveled resort towns with cold temps, consistent annual snowfall, decent terrain and low cost of living and season passes.

Move there. Live cheaply. Snowboard EVERY day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts