Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get into riding in trees but wanted to know where the best ones to start off are in the Northeast. I'm still learning and getting better so if there are any "green" trees you guys recommend that would be better.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
I like Bluberry sativas and Kush types of "green" trees.

I don't know if there is one spot that will help you ride trees. You just need to get in forest and deal with it. When I first did it I would pretend I'm riding a speeder in Jedi. It is scary and fun and the only place that has powder after a morning of tracking out the fresh.
A nimble board will help for the quick turns you must make, and look ahead 1 or 2 turns to plan your route. You'll build confidence soon enough and be a ripping tree ninja.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jay has fun tree.. 45 mins north of there on the Canadian side of the border is Mont Sutton which is known for its glades and natural terrain... lots of beginner tree runs there

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been looking to do a trip up to Jay but it's looking alot more likely now with your comments. Thank you guys

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Definitely Jay Peak. First place I dared get into the trees, too. You can start with some nice, open glades that aren't too steep, then graduate to as gnarly as you want. It's a long drive, though. Burke also has great glades, but they're not much closer than Jay Peak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts