Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My search goes on. I have narrowed down my criteria for my next All Mountain board. (Not necessarily in this order:)
- Twin. I do more and more switch riding.
- Carving. I love morning groomers. And I have some ski friends I need to keep up with:)
- Powder. I love this even more, but honestly we don't get that much powder here. Once in ten years we get waist deep.
- Buttering. Nose/tail rolls and playing around. This is why the flex shouldn't be to stiff.

So a fun board that I can carve with and works fine in powder. True twin or almost true twin. And still medium soft and playful.

These are the board I have tested and (almost) fits these criteria:
- Lib Tech TRS HP. Have it all except powder?
- Jones Mountain twin. Not a true twin.

My prefs are 5'6" and 150 lbs. Small feets so max board waist is around 255mm.

I am borderline between 154 and 157 in length. The shorter gives my more playfulness and quick turning, but the longer gives me more float and stability. Hard choice.

Biggest problem is to buy these boards (hard to find here in Sweden) so suggestions of other board are appreciated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at specs it's very close to the TRS. At least the C2 PBTX model. As I understand there are more models over the years.

What do you think of the "A.S.S. Pickle Technology"?
Reading a bit more on the Gnu riders choice I found one thing I like and one thing I don't like. The reviews says it heavier than normal - I always prefer a normal or lighter board. Since my stance i duck (15/-15) I believe that the asymmetric would be fun to test. Perhaps this can help me get more pop out of switch heel side turns.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ultradream would probably be nice also, especially if you want something that can rip some pow...but raygun is supposed to be a relatively decent ride in pow as well. I have both those boards now...hopefully I will actually get to try them in some real pow within a couple weeks. Acutally, might just be taking my custom x and ultradream, so not sure when I will get to test the raygun in any kind of decent snow conditions...mostly got this one for messing around out here on the ice coast.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You said you were willing to go almost twin. Both boards are only 3/4" setback and neither has a tapered tail. I can rip my custom x switch with bindings normally set about 1" behind ref, which is already directional...so, in comparison to a board like that, riding ultradream or raygun switch should be no problem at all if you got the skills.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
What about Salomon Assassin? Stumble upon a positive review.
I think that would be a good choice or the villain. Other boards that you might be able to get easier in Sweden might be Rossi One Magtek (a little set back) or the Jigsaw (true twin). I'm a little bias because I like RCR better than CRC.

Yes the greats would be a good choice also.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Burton Trick Pony, Arbor Coda, Salomon Assassin, K2 Fastplant, or a Nitro Uberspoon. That should be your whole list.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At the end only one suited my needs and was available at a decent price:

Lib Tech TRS HP, 154.

I'll start out putting my old Burton Cartel bindings on it. And when the price drops I get a newer Cartel ReFlex or Genesis ReFlex or maybe Diode ReFlex.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts