Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had Union Bindings, but I've heard they're great.
Also heard that Burton MalaVita, and Burton Cartel Bindings are great.

Anybody have good experiences with any of those?

Also, which Union Bindings have you had that are great?
Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
i'm probably not your best source, as i'm pretty new to snowboarding still... but i bought a pair of union forces this past season and i liked them so much i got another pair so i don't have to switch them so often to ride different boards. they are super easy to use/adjust/set up and they feel good. no pressure points, i feel that they are very supportive and responsive. but again, i'm pretty new, so you should pay more attention to some of the more seasoned riders on here.

also, i'd post what kind of riding you do, as there probably isn't really a 'best' binding. more some that are more suited to your style.

i don't really have a preference for riding, i like the park, jumps, jibs, steeps, groomers, trees... i like to do it all, and it really depends on my mood or who i ride with... so i wanted a binding that was sort of middle of the road and i could use on different boards. force seems to be legit so far.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do a lot of park riding, jumping, rails etc. And of course the normal cruising down the mountain

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
I've owned Datas, Force SL's, and Contatcs. I wouldn't really call any of them great.

If you're really interested in Union wait for the 2014 reviews/feedback to start coming in. They have made a lot of good changes. As of 2013 gear, Cartels over any Union.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Never had Union Bindings, but I've heard they're great.
Also heard that Burton MalaVita, and Burton Cartel Bindings are great.

Anybody have good experiences with any of those?

Also, which Union Bindings have you had that are great?
Thanks!
I suggest riding both those Burton Bindings, and try our Force, Contact Pro and Atlas. Get whichever one feels best and know you've got a quality product either way.

·
Registered
510 Posts
JPOW, for your kind of riding, I'd say Atlas and Contact Pros.

Contact pros worked perfectly on my noodle board and on my medium flex all mountain board.

I'm even more interested in this year's contact pro because of the minidisc universal compatibility (not that burton is the universe, but you don't need a conversion disc for the channel) new toe ratchets, new highback....basically new everything for a binding that I already loved.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
JPOW, for your kind of riding, I'd say Atlas and Contact Pros.

Contact pros worked perfectly on my noodle board and on my medium flex all mountain board.

I'm even more interested in this year's contact pro because of the minidisc universal compatibility (not that burton is the universe, but you don't need a conversion disc for the channel) new toe ratchets, new highback....basically new everything for a binding that I already loved.
I'm terrified the mini disc is going to ruin the Pros. They did not need more board flex.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Different strokes. I wanted them to be a taaaaaad more flexy like those yellow Danny Kasses way back when. Flexy, but with a responsive highback.

Stoked to try out a pair next season.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I put about 100 days on a pair of 'Vitas last year, love em. Pretty much can't even feel em.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's a good suggestion too.

I looooove my vitas, but after swapping some forces onto my joystick while on a trip... (I had my charlie slasher with me as well) I just like the way Union's feel more.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's a good suggestion too.

I looooove my vitas, but after swapping some forces onto my joystick while on a trip... (I had my charlie slasher with me as well) I just like the way Union's feel more.
Same. I prefer mounted my Atlas' on my Joystick. The Infidels I had mounted on them felt like shit to me, and made me hate the board.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Same. I prefer mounted my Atlas' on my Joystick. The Infidels I had mounted on them felt like shit to me, and made me hate the board.
Wierd. If it wasn't for the wing hitting my boa on my T1's I woulda bought Infidels. Best Burton binding I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wierd. If it wasn't for the wing hitting my boa on my T1's I woulda bought Infidels. Best Burton binding I've ever ridden.
Buy mine? I give you gud deel.

I enjoy riding my Exiles more so than I do the Infidels, I don't know if it's the wing, or whatever, I just never felt fully comfortable in them like I do in other bindings.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Buy mine? I give you gud deel.

I enjoy riding my Exiles more so than I do the Infidels, I don't know if it's the wing, or whatever, I just never felt fully comfortable in them like I do in other bindings.
Bahahahah buy gear. You're too funny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts