Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best view you have seen while shredding? I remember coming around a corner on Cypress mountain and being able to see Vancouver from on the mountain (on a clear day that is) and being so stunned/ stoked. Keen to hear what other ripper views people have seen on the mountain.

·
Registered
320 Posts
How good are Rusutsu trees !!! Anytime I see fresh powder is a great view

·
Registered
273 Posts
It has to be the Dolomites for me.

Passo Falzarago and the Lugozoi cable car with "The Hidden Valley" beyond.
Interesting fact: this mountain, and many nearby, were a World War 1 battlefield and are riddled with tunnels The Most Treacherous Battle of World War I Took Place in the Italian Mountains

My "sunny days only" wife on the Forcella Staunies piste near Cortina (Shame on me for posting that!)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Much of the time not much to see, but when ya can... View attachment 154365 View attachment 154366
BAKER/Shuksan gets my vote, I’m always amazed how many Washingtonians have never driven up to BAKER/Table Mountain in the summer.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve over heard people talk about going for a drive/ride on their Harley’s, but don’t know where to go so I always suggest the Mt BAKER hwy, then on Monday I can’t get them to stop talking about it and they show me the pictures they took of a scenery I’ve been staring at for over 30 yrs and every time with at least one board on the roof

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has to be the Dolomites for me.

Passo Falzarago and the Lugozoi cable car with "The Hidden Valley" beyond.
Interesting fact: this mountain, and many nearby, were a World War 1 battlefield and are riddled with tunnels The Most Treacherous Battle of World War I Took Place in the Italian Mountains

View attachment 154356

My "sunny days only" wife on the Forcella Staunies piste near Cortina (Shame on me for posting that!)

View attachment 154357
That is actually a super interesting fact, also an incredible view! Would love to be able to go there one day. You can't ski through any of the tunnels, can you? haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Personally, I think the best views are when you are sat above the clouds. Makes you feel Godly
View attachment 154367
I feel that in my soul. On Cypress mountain, on the way up on the bus, it was usually fully covered by cloud, and then as you got towards the top and came up out of the cloud it was as if you entered a different land. Boarding above the clouds is a spiritual experience.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts