Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Too bad I don't bring my camera with me when I board because the were some beautiful spots... I love a-basin coming across the top...Under the Matterhorn Etc.

But my favorite view though a little bit of a cheat because I was on foot and not on a board but I did see more then a few split boarders passing me by so I will count it- was probably Mt Rainer
View attachment 154406 View attachment 154407
For some reason it looks like the end of the Earth, looks like you are super high up! Stupendous view though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Best views are bluebird days at Crystal Mountain, but all time was the last Friday of night boarding at Stevens Pass at about 6pm when the sun was going down and the sky turned bright red and made the snow glow reddish pink. There were very few people on the mountain so I got to do as many runs as I wanted in this otherworldly reddish pink glow.

I took pictures but they don't really come close to capturing the color of it.

View attachment 154410
I got jealous just reading your description, sounds amazing. I know what you mean, sometimes I whip my phone out to take a photo before realising there's no point because it would never capture the beauty of what I'm looking at. A good sunset while riding is truly incredible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Alaska... hard to beat IMHO

One of my favorite views there is watching down the entry of this run...

or, after tackling a sketchy part, to turn and see the others approaching...

Or simply being on top of home range

Everything's so white, some ripper photos! Was this an actual resort with lifts sorry? Or did you climb up and ride down?

·
The Swiss Miss
7,417 Posts
Everything's so white, some ripper photos! Was this an actual resort with lifts sorry? Or did you climb up and ride down?
The Alaska pics were chopper accessed on a Heliboarding trip. The ones at home were climbed

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I got jealous just reading your description, sounds amazing. I know what you mean, sometimes I whip my phone out to take a photo before realising there's no point because it would never capture the beauty of what I'm looking at. A good sunset while riding is truly incredible.
Not my photo, this is TRice at Baldface I think, but this is exactly what the colors looked like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well... theres many and varied,
--seeing the edge of a see-you-later- cliff suddenly pop into view from a pow turn and doing Probably my best ever avoidance turn my first heli day in whistler ill never forget.
--seeing my bud fall into then walk out of a creek with me stuck on hill over an ice bridge where he c lead me and clearly shudnt have been was another., (he bought many beers that night!)
--FINALLY getting my ass up and onto the first lift up to the peak with my daughter for first tracks on a super chilly morn with a foot of fresh and not a single track to be seen was close . nice locals let us go first.. that was seriosuly close!!!
-- but waking up to this on day 4 and ,4 days in a row. with virtually no one on the hill again prob goes gets it . i didint even have to guess how good it was going to be as this was the bottom car park at the VERY bottom of the hill. no wind 60+cm per day no people.
truely one of the greatest weeks ill ever have and it was this FEB.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i do think summer goes for way too long................,

20200728_132429.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well... theres many and varied,
--seeing the edge of a see-you-later- cliff suddenly pop into view from a pow turn and doing Probably my best ever avoidance turn my first heli day in whistler ill never forget.
--seeing my bud fall into then walk out of a creek with me stuck on hill over an ice bridge where he c lead me and clearly shudnt have been was another., (he bought many beers that night!)
--FINALLY getting my ass up and onto the first lift up to the peak with my daughter for first tracks on a super chilly morn with a foot of fresh and not a single track to be seen was close . nice locals let us go first.. that was seriosuly close!!!
-- but waking up to this on day 4 and ,4 days in a row. with virtually no one on the hill again prob goes gets it . i didint even have to guess how good it was going to be as this was the bottom car park at the VERY bottom of the hill. no wind 60+cm per day no people.
truely one of the greatest weeks ill ever have and it was this FEB.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i do think summer goes for way too long................,

View attachment 154432
That is some insanely good weather, where was this at? Dumping in Feb like that sounds glorious, especially if the lift lines we're empty! The only thing I've seen that is similar to that would be in Japan, they had some insane dumps on back to back days. Just thinking about this makes me itchy for COVID to be under control and be back out on the slopes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is some insanely good weather, where was this at? Dumping in Feb like that sounds glorious, especially if the lift lines we're empty! The only thing I've seen that is similar to that would be in Japan, they had some insane dumps on back to back days. Just thinking about this makes me itchy for COVID to be under control and be back out on the slopes.
yup.. myoko feb 9 ish. cud sit in the middle of the groomer and no one came by for a cpl of mins.

speechless.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts