Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you get better toe side response by having your ankle strap higher on the boot? If so, do you lose anything (i.e heel side response) by having it higher?

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Yes having the ankle strap higher can help toeside carving, but boot stiffness and binding stiffness (and of course the board) also play big factors. Heelside carving response comes from the highback, so you won't lose anything by moving the ankle strap higher.

Another thing that helps toesides is increasing the highback angle. Why, you say? Because it forces you to bend your knees more, and thats where the real power comes from. For a real strong toeside carve, you should be driving your knees into the snow.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Yeah that's the idea. I know my Flux had two options to place the straps. In a lower jib position and a higher more responsive position. It was tough to really tell the difference because the strap is relatively unresponsive and the boots I was on were somewhat stiff. But with the right set up I'm sure you'd notice some difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts