Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone down to go? Normally on a 3 day holiday weekend I'd avoid big Bear like the plague, but that weather report has got me tempted. My hope is to get up there around 7AM and beat the crowds because I'm sure all the crappy SoCal drivers are going to clog up the roads while they're putting their chains on in the middle of the damn street...

So anyway I'm going to get there early on Saturday, anyone down to go? I don't know about Bear vs snow summit yet, but I know it'll be snowing a lot and I'll be bringing my powder board :)

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I'm sure all the crappy SoCal drivers are going to clog up the roads while they're putting their chains on in the middle of the damn street...
So go the back route. That place is stupid when it snows. So glad I don't have to deal with that shit anymore. Go to Baldy, it's steeper there anyway.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So go the back route. That place is stupid when it snows. So glad I don't have to deal with that shit anymore. Go to Baldy, it's steeper there anyway.
People keep saying this, but then I look it up and it looks ridiculously bad.

How would i ride baldy and have fun? In other words... how much hiking would I need to do?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
People keep saying this, but then I look it up and it looks ridiculously bad.

How would i ride baldy and have fun? In other words... how much hiking would I need to do?
Ermmm, no hiking, just using the lifts. Looks like it's predicted to get a lot more snow than Big Bear on Friday.
Mt Baldy snow forecast for 2301 m

Bear Mountain snow forecast for 2430 m

Either way dude, I guess just be on it. I used to have a house in Running Springs, I know the hell that can go on. Once during a big storm I had was having wet dreams about the snow storm that was coming all week, avy blocked the road to Big Bear the night before I went and I was stuck riding Snow Valley all weekend with every other motherfucker in the world. They all drove up, road was blocked AT Snow Valley. They all parked along the highway and got their cars towed down the hill. That looked like a bummer. Driving into Big Bear when there's snow is a joke. But I still did it because all I wanted to do was ride the sidecountry at Bear off chair 8. Go have fun, if you want to switch it up, go to Baldy, either way, riding is fun. Cheers to So Cal pow.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ermmm, no hiking, just using the lifts. Looks like it's predicted to get a lot more snow than Big Bear on Friday.
Mt Baldy snow forecast for 2301 m

Bear Mountain snow forecast for 2430 m

Either way dude, I guess just be on it. I used to have a house in Running Springs, I know the hell that can go on. Once during a big storm I had was having wet dreams about the snow storm that was coming all week, avy blocked the road to Big Bear the night before I went and I was stuck riding Snow Valley all weekend with every other motherfucker in the world. They all drove up, road was blocked AT Snow Valley. They all parked along the highway and got their cars towed down the hill. That looked like a bummer. Driving into Big Bear when there's snow is a joke. But I still did it because all I wanted to do was ride the sidecountry at Bear off chair 8. Go have fun, if you want to switch it up, go to Baldy, either way, riding is fun. Cheers to So Cal pow.
Ok I'll def check out baldy. Can't do it this weekend because a friend already bought a lift ticket for Summit/bear, but I'll definitely check it out. Seems the consensus is that baldy is a shitty family resort but that it has great advanced terrain when it snows.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Ok I'll def check out baldy. Can't do it this weekend because a friend already bought a lift ticket for Summit/bear, but I'll definitely check it out. Seems the consensus is that baldy is a shitty family resort but that it has great advanced terrain when it snows.
That sounds about right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts