Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey guys. Thank you all very much for your help. At this point I’m getting a new pair of burton size 13 boots and I’m going to order the Ride Superpig 158. I am still a bit skeptical about the board however. I really enjoy all mountain stuff and I’m worried that the board might be a bit to ummm jumpy as compared to a longer bigger board. Thoughts? Should I skip on the superpig and go with a skunk ape instead to get that extra length?

thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've ridden the war pig when it first came out and own a skunk ape. So this is based on if the super pig is like the original.

I think the pig can do a lot for a directional board, I did enjoy riding it and think if the super pig is anything like it I would enjoy that too.

If your primary concern is about sizing as a big guy (like myself) the skunk it tested and created for bigger guys. It really works well for an all mountain board big man board inmo.

The age is very forgiving to big feet and mistakes. If you have specific questions about the ape let me know. I can try and answer them to the best of my ability

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've ridden the war pig when it first came out and own a skunk ape. So this is based on if the super pig is like the original.

I think the pig can do a lot for a directional board, I did enjoy riding it and think if the super pig is anything like it I would enjoy that too.

If your primary concern is about sizing as a big guy (like myself) the skunk it tested and created for bigger guys. It really works well for an all mountain board big man board inmo.

The age is very forgiving to big feet and mistakes. If you have specific questions about the ape let me know. I can try and answer them to the best of my ability
thanks! I think I’mgoing todo the 170 UW skunk. My last bird was a 168 so I feel like I’ll be more comfortable on a bigger board

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think you really need the super wide. Are you going that route out of preference of a wide board, or because you think you need something that wide because of the 13 boots? If it's cuz you think you need that wide you don't. I used to wear a 14 before I had an idea of the right size boots with that skunk ape and was fine on the 161w. That UW will suck at slow speeds and trying to maneuver it unless you got some speed. I would stick to 161w or one size higher if you really want the extra length.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don't think you really need the super wide. Are you going that route out of preference of a wide board, or because you think you need something that wide because of the 13 boots? If it's cuz you think you need that wide you don't. I used to wear a 14 before I had an idea of the right size boots with that skunk ape and was fine on the 161w. That UW will suck at slow speeds and trying to maneuver it unless you got some speed. I would stick to 161w or one size higher if you really want the extra length.
The reason I wanted the ultra wide is because of what I have experienced with my current board. I have the Ride highlife UL in a 168cm it’s width is 269 and my toes and heels hit. I actually had to buy risers so I could use it. The skunk ape 161 is 268 wide so I’m worried I’ll have the same issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Saying that though I am worried about having one that’s to wide or to long to easily maneuver trees. But I’m worried at 300lbs that any smaller and I’ll be in trouble haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nitro Magnum 163,167 and 171 are 270, 272 and 274 at waist. This a classic directional cambered board. And if you don't mind the 3BT the Bataleon Stallion 167 has a 275 waist. These are only a few examples of which I know of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ok I’ll check them out. I guess my other option would be to just use risers again and stick with the 161 skunk.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you really get up on edges when your making turns? I'm not maybe that's why I don't have any drag issues with 13's

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
hey, i ride a 163cm, 26,9 waist width ns board. my stats are 6.3 and 220-230 pounds. i wear 12.5 salomon boots, some "low profile" f22 old boots on ride capo XL bindings and i have zero dragging issues.
i would not get a wider board and i am considering about going with a longer one (max 165). i think it would be too much for all mountain where maneuverability and short turning are important. unless newer, lighter boards flexes dangerously easy under our weight i wouldn't look at boards longer than 165, 166. a big fat would get into discussion but i heard they have their limitation at speed and carving.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts