Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new ride to play on . Im riding south east / WV mainly till my boys get a bit older so I want a board that is playful and good for butters .
310LBS Butter, I’m a big boy !

I currently ride a 172 Skunk Ape
But it just seems a bit stiff want a bit more flex . It really worried about charging much I’m almost 50

I’m looking at the LIB terrain wrecker
Think their biggest size is A 161W

Input??

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Holy shit, 310? Nevermind, just get something wish rocker between the bindings period. Even something mid-stiff is still going to ride relatively soft.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea
Holy shit, 310? Nevermind, just get something wish rocker between the bindings period. Even something mid-stiff is still going to ride relatively soft.
oh yea!! been rocking 3billz for 30 years . Thought I might not want something super soft . I live my ape but with the length and stiffness I find myself not being able to get a lot of flex Over the nose . Better over the tail but really got to work for it .

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Honestly, I'd get something twinish (true twin or directional twin) that's on the stiffer side of the spectrum. Not sure I'd recommend full rocker. My favorite butter boards are actually CRC boards. I like the camber in the tips for stability and the rocker in the middle to easily flex it, but that's just me.

The NS Ripsaw comes to mind as a potential good fit for you here. It's a pretty burly, stiff board but that's fine at your weight. Not trying to beat you up here on weight, just being realistic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts