Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to this forum and tried to do a search so if this has been covered in length I apologize. I have been riding for a couple years now and currently ride a 2012 Burton Hero 162 wide. I still like the board, but I am getting more into park and was looking to get a shorter board more geared to that. I am 6'3, 210 lbs and have size 14 boots so need a mid-wide or wide, but does anyone have suggestions? I feel like everyone I know and ask has different opinions but don't really know since they havent ridden. Ive been told to look at
Capita Stairmaster 155 wide
Never Summer Revolver 155 mid wide
Arbor Blacklist

Anyone have thoughts on those or a different recommendation for a park board for someone my size?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Lobster parkbaord 156w

I'm 6'3 210 (naked) and size 13 boot works great for me.

Pretty much anything with a 26.2 ww should fit you fine

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I ride at LL and SSV, im 200 lbs, i don't ride tons of rails but i don't really like going much bellow 160. I understand that this is personal pref but that is a pretty big drop in size. You should be able to press a board bigger than a 155. Again, if you really want to do it go for it.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Hi MD,

There won't be any advantage for you to push the smallest side of your board window. At 215 size 14, you are who the bigger park boards are designed for. Unless you have ridden those and specifically felt that they were unmanageable, I would highly suggest that you go with the max sizing for the park design you are considering. In the Blacklist that would be 160 cm. You want to have enough edge available to give you that confidence in your landings. You will not have any problem pressing or buttering these boards (leave those worries to the 170 pounders :)).

·
Super Moderator
6,327 Posts
One thing that's worth mentioning is that if you get a lot of different answers from people whose opinion you're inclined to trust, that usually means there isn't one real right answer. A lot of stuff in snowboarding is personal preference, although some answers are "righter" than others.

I'd be inclined to trust wiredsport because he does this for a living.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts