Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for some binding recommendations.

I currently have a Jones Aviator 160 board, Burton Ion Boots and Burton Mission bindings that have finally given up the ghost and fallen apart so I'm looking for new bindings.
Freeride, off piste and powder preferred but sadly also have to deal with quite a lot of icy conditions when boarding at home in Scotland!
I looked at Burton Genesis and Genesis X but see some reviews of the high backs breaking. Also looked at Jones Apollo but happy for any other brands and recommendations.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
FWIW I did 138 days in a row on a set of Genesis bindings a few years ago with zero issues.
I can see where it's coming from though. The highbacks twist ALOT, at least on the regular version, and I can hear them creaking against the baseplate sometimes. Some small defect or damage to the plastics and I can see them breaking off. Also gotta be careful of the hammock thingy, and that's probably where most of the reviews come from, being careless and breaking it when stepping in. Would guess it's similar to the problems some have experienced on the Union Falcor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like the Union STR. Strong, simple, moderate price, comfortable. What more is there? I use them on the US east coast which is pretty icy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts