Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Heading back to Niseko this season for some more delicious JaPow. I'm looking to upgrade my bindings this season.

Currently riding in K2 Indy 10/11's, with 161 NS Cobra and K2 T2's (size 9.5). I mainly ride Pow lines, with the occasional shred on groomers and runs through the park.

I was recommended Cartels, however I'm not sure about the stiffness.

So yeah, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Can't go wrong with the cartels and they have excellent response, have you checked out the Genesis? It would be a more comfortable free ride binding in my opinion.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Cartels are a good binding but people tend to just always recommend Cartels without really know much about any other company or any other binding in the line. I personally like riding malavitas over cartels, but i primarily ride switchback bindings or Now IPO's.

Have you looked at the Now Drives? I am contemplating getting a set for my pow board, i absolutely love the IPO base and never felt a lack of response even when I rode without highbacks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm looking into the Genesis now, by all the information I can see they seem to be a softer binding, which I would assume to be counterproductive to Pow/charging.

Also an additional $60-$100.

**Edit** I'm also researching the Malativas now, they seem to be a legit contender. Had a quick look at the Now's, and they will probably be really hard to get where I am (australia).

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm looking into the Genesis now, by all the information I can see they seem to be a softer binding, which I would assume to be counterproductive to Pow/charging.

Also an additional $60-$100.
With the new technology flex ratings will change but response and purpose will be described. Look a little harder and you'll understand what I mean.

Now ipo is also a strong recommendation!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the new technology flex ratings will change but response and purpose will be described. Look a little harder and you'll understand what I mean.

Now ipo is also a strong recommendation!
So what you mean is the flex rating doesn't indicate responsiveness? And that the malativas will serve as a more responsive binding due to the technologies it has?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
So what you mean is the flex rating doesn't indicate responsiveness? And that the malativas will serve as a more responsive binding due to the technologies it has?
Actually yes. The hammock design holds the heel in the binding and heel to toe will respond better then an average binding while having tip to tail flex. Is what I mean.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Have you looked at the NOW IPO? It's worth taking a look as well. But it's very new tech

From my understanding. It's a carvers dream

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Having a look at it now. Much harder to get, but its possible.
Out of the almost hundred reviews. It's 90% positive on free ride and carving. I'm more park and freestyle oriented and I think you should go with what fits your style. But keep an eye on the Genesis.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I happen to think that NOW's are the best bindings for all types of riding on the market. Are there better ones for a specific niche sure but as an all-around binding I love Now's and will ride them on all my non-TBT decks 100% of the time.....unfortunately I ride TBT a lot :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts