Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just bought my first board and would like to know what the best binding angle orientation is for me. I'm an intermediate-advanced rider, but I rarely ride switch (something I would like to change). I've always used a friends bored when I went and he had both bindings angled forward. Now that I think about it, it seems kind of counterintuitive to have it like this for riding both ways. Is it simply unheard of to ride switch with both your bindings forward? Should I stick with what I'm good at? What do you guys use?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
+24/+12 love it. Great for carving. Some switch. No park. I'm old.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What I ride +15 front -9 back << kind of a duck stance

What most people would recommend to you +15 front 0 or some type of minus angle in the back.

If your truely wanting to ride switch go with some sort of duck stance.

Have you ever tried the jump up and land theory?
You jump up naturally and however your feet land naturally that is how your stance should be.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I go usually 15 and -6,-9,-12 depending on conditions for the trip and which board I take.

For powder I'll probably have positive angle, but haven't had any major powder days yet. +18/+6?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I ride any were between 15/-15 and 21/-21. Always equal oposite. Duck.

Like said early its what ever feels best for you, youll generally need to experiment a bit with different angles to find YOUR sweet spot.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Intermediate-advanced rider but still don't have your own board yet? :dizzy:

Copy the setup from your friends board, get used to your board for a couple days, then start playing with various setups. All of us (from noobs to pros) ride stances somewhere between -15/+15 and +10/+30 or so... Nobody can tell you what the best stance is for you.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Whatever feels good, man. I generally ride +15/-9. -12 feels better but I lose pop. My ollie sucks already. I can't afford to lose pop.
Is this true for everyone? My ollie sucks too. I always thought it was because I am the whitest of white men -> I get max 6 inches off the ground from a standing jump.

I ride 15/-15. I wonder if I should go 15/-9 and that would give me a little more boost too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is this true for everyone? My ollie sucks too. I always thought it was because I am the whitest of white men -> I get max 6 inches off the ground from a standing jump.

I ride 15/-15. I wonder if I should go 15/-9 and that would give me a little more boost too.
I don't think so dude my buddy rides 15/-15 and he has super poppy ollies.

I ride 15/-9 and my ollie is almost the same so I think its just ability and what feels good to you.. also your board tech helps.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Whatever feels good, man. I generally ride +15/-9. -12 feels better but I lose pop. My ollie sucks already. I can't afford to lose pop.
Hmm, I have to give this a shot.

I've dialed in my stance with and angles. 15/-15, 21". I'm only 5'6" on a good day, but when I bring in my width my IT band starts to hurt.

But I've noticed since going to this width ... my ollie sucks donkey balls. It's so wide I can't create any leverage.

Standing still in the lift line, I can bring my back foot right inside the binding, and ollie great one footed. 2 feet probably for my old out of shape ass. Put my back foot into the binding and my ollie goes flaccid. Really flaccid. Pathetic.

So now I have to figure out, angle/stance to bring back some pop.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hmm, I have to give this a shot.

I've dialed in my stance with and angles. 15/-15, 21". I'm only 5'6" on a good day, but when I bring in my width my IT band starts to hurt.

But I've noticed since going to this width ... my ollie sucks donkey balls. It's so wide I can't create any leverage.

Standing still in the lift line, I can bring my back foot right inside the binding, and ollie great one footed. 2 feet probably for my old out of shape ass. Put my back foot into the binding and my ollie goes flaccid. Really flaccid. Pathetic.

So now I have to figure out, angle/stance to bring back some pop.

Is that wide? I'm 5'6 too, and mine is 22.5. Maybe that's why I get no pop on my ollie. I need some an excuse to hang my hat on here.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Is that wide? I'm 5'6 too, and mine is 22.5. Maybe that's why I get no pop on my ollie. I need some an excuse to hang my hat on here.
I'm 5'7" when I sleep with a pillow under my back, and ride with a 21.25" stance width. Most threads I've wrote into make fun of me for running such a narrow angle!?! :giggle:

Maybe you guys just need springy ironing boards like me?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm 5'7" when I sleep with a pillow under my back, and ride with a 21.25" stance width. Most threads I've wrote into make fun of me for running such a narrow angle!?! :giggle:

I'm going to drill new holes in my board and get a 10" stance going. I'll be able to ollie outta the park.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

The last few threads I've looked have guys much taller than me running 21" widths.

And I notice I can't squat enough to get a good ollie going. I just can't get over the fact I can ollie one footed higher than when strapped in.

I'll try to bring it in (and maybe reduce my angles a little) and see if I can ollie and save my Knee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts