Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was thinking about burton malavita or union contact pro?

What would You put on Never Summer Heritage board considering 2014 bindings? I look for rather stiff ones.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hey,

I was thinking about burton malavita or union contact pro?

What would You put on Never Summer Heritage board considering 2014 bindings? I look for rather stiff ones.

thanks in advance
The Contact Pro isn't stiff, compared to Malavitas.

For Union, I'd suggest the Force. It's stiff, and in that same price range.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The Contact Pro isn't stiff, compared to Malavitas.

For Union, I'd suggest the Force. It's stiff, and in that same price range.
I really want to try a pair on Unions, but my only local shop that sells them are way over priced. My other local shop matches online USA prices, but no Union. Do you guys ever have demos up here in Canada.... at the smaller hills?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, was also thinking about ride el hefe, but I have doubts as their quality went down the drain after moving mfg to China :(

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Use Ride Capos on mine and they seem to be a good match stiffness-wise. Used old Missions for a little while and while they worked, I certainly noticed a difference when I switched over.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I really want to try a pair on Unions, but my only local shop that sells them are way over priced. My other local shop matches online USA prices, but no Union. Do you guys ever have demos up here in Canada.... at the smaller hills?
Check geartrade.com bratha

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
thanks, was also thinking about ride el hefe, but I have doubts as their quality went down the drain after moving mfg to China :(
I have two pairs of ride spi that are super solid, stiff and responsive. I have had good experiences with more than one pair of ride bindings. Also own a pair of contact pro which are awesome. In my experience either are pair you'll be good.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Eh? Ride bindings quality is first rate. When was the last time you used any? The awesome Capo would work with the heritage no problem. If you want even stiffer, the el hefe is a beast and the best binding in their line-up. I also own the malavita which is a great binding too but I wouldn't put it on a heritage. It would be better on a proto.

Also, doesn't matter a f* where stuff is made. Ride's high end china-made boards are no worse than anything you get from Never Summer. Some would say they are better...same with K2.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Eh? Ride bindings quality is first rate. When was the last time you used any? The awesome Capo would work with the heritage no problem. If you want even stiffer, the el hefe is a beast and the best binding in their line-up. I also own the malavita which is a great binding too but I wouldn't put it on a heritage. It would be better on a proto.

Also, doesn't matter a f* where stuff is made. Ride's high end china-made boards are no worse than anything you get from Never Summer. Some would say they are better...same with K2.
Disregard this whole reply. What a crock of shit. Ride boards ride good but they fall apart. They chip worse then a cheap paint job. And ride bindings have shit ratchets and a metal base plate. Double negative. Damn dude. You need to expand your gear experience.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Disregard this whole reply. What a crock of shit. Ride boards ride good but they fall apart. They chip worse then a cheap paint job. And ride bindings have shit ratchets and a metal base plate. Double negative. Damn dude. You need to expand your gear experience.
What nonsense.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Horse shit.
At least in Europe 3-5 years ago quality went down, right after Ride moved mfg to Chine. My friends LX Bindings fell apart while shredding down the slope, which was not only a pity but very scary crash, same with boards that started to pill off. Maybe for States its different.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
At least in Europe 3-5 years ago quality went down, right afte they moved mfg to Chine. My friends LX Bindings fell apart while shredding down the slope, which was not only a pity but very scary crash, same with boards that started pilling off. Maybe for States its different.
The plural of anecdote is not data...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have two pairs of ride spi that are super solid, stiff and responsive. I have had good experiences with more than one pair of ride bindings. Also own a pair of contact pro which are awesome. In my experience either are pair you'll be good.
thanks, SPIs is the legend :) cant compare any new ones with those :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The ratchets on my Capos are smooth as butter. I will say I had some excessive wear on one of the ladder straps but I just emailed Ride and they shipped me new ones no questions asked. And the toe straps are fucking great. Again, they've been great on my Heritage, but YMMV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the discussion guys.

Bindings go over heritage NS, which is more for all mountain/freeride than park, but some jumps happens from time to time. I still own a pair of solid c60 and they work perfectly for me but on lib c-2 dark series board.

Quick summary then as I need order over the weekend to be ready for first Nov trip :)

Rome - Targa
Ride - Capo (any big difference between 2013 and 2014 model?, El Hefe (might be too stiff?), what about Revolt?
Burton - Malavita
Union - Force, would it be reasonable to go stiffer to 'factory' model ie.?
Raiden - Blackhawk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts