Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adjusting my bindings and one of the insert holes on the front binding is not covered. Do I need to adjust it so it is covered? Will anything happen if I don't?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I am adjusting my bindings and one of the insert holes on the front binding is not covered. Do I need to adjust it so it is covered? Will anything happen if I don't?
You'se gonna be fine bud. It'll fill up with snow and then melt and nobody on the hill is gonna laugh at you. Unlike here.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I'm not trolling. I didn't know whether it would rust or not.
Obviously a huge issue for the tens of thousands of snowboards out there, pretty much all of which have multiple insert holes open/uncovered... :rolleyes:

I was actually somewhat hoping that this was a trolling attempt, because the idea that somebody from a younger generation would ask this as a serious question fills me with dread for the future of this country/planet.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I'm not trolling. I didn't know whether it would rust or not.
THIS thread is what makes your question about the Virus vs Kessler thread even more hilarious. I'm seriously starting to doubt you've even spent a season on the snow yet.

Looks to me like it’s aluminum, which doesn’t rust.
To be fair, not everyone can recognize metals, especially younger folks with less experience (or less interest) in them. We use many different metals at work, and I still sometimes have a hard time telling some of them apart...:icon_scratch::giggle:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
remember this as well as every other insert on your board is exposed to the snow and water and they are just fine. So with that the inserts that won't be used should be just fine as well.

I run a tap into the threads of my all my inserts on every brand new board to clean out any glue residue from the building process. I also clean them out 2x a year. The end of the season when they go into storage and mid season just in case I want to make a binding adjustment. I usually don't move them now that I found the sweet spot of where I like them, but I still clean them out.

If you are so concerned buy yourself a tap and clean them out when you wax your board for your piece of mind

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THIS thread is what makes your question about the Virus vs Kessler thread even more hilarious. I'm seriously starting to doubt you've even spent a season on the snow yet.

To be fair, not everyone can recognize metals, especially younger folks with less experience (or less interest) in them. We use many different metals at work, and I still sometimes have a hard time telling some of them apart...:icon_scratch::giggle:
I've spent over 7 seasons on the snow, but the first 6 were with rentals that I didn't give a damn about.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I've spent over 7 seasons on the snow, but the first 6 were with rentals that I didn't give a damn about.
Well, I've only read maybe 8 of your 64 posts.

From what I can tell, (cough, :unsure:cough) your either full of shit or partly retarded:dunno::icon_scratch:.

For the amount of money you have/are gonna spend on gear, you could've bought 2 or three wicked used boards & a seasons pass.

Do you have a seasons pass?

TT

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
I just pee on my binding holes. 1. it marks my territory so no inferior bindings will touch it 2. my pee is an anti corrosive. 3. I just like seeing peoples reactions when i say shit like this.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,441 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,458 Posts
I don't care about my stance, I always make sure my holes are covered....
Um,.. remind me, Do you ride with BA??? :cheeky4: ;) :giggle:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I just pee on my binding holes. 1. it marks my territory so no inferior bindings will touch it 2. my pee is an anti corrosive. 3. I just like seeing peoples reactions when i say shit like this.
i'd like to see reactions from people as you put your board on a fix it bench mid mountain and pee in the binding holes, ideally with lots of pink skier parents riding a lift overhead....

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
i'd like to see reactions from people as you put your board on a fix it bench mid mountain and pee in the binding holes, ideally with lots of pink skier parents riding a lift overhead....
No different than all the other reactions he gets.... "There's that crazy snowboarder again, pissin on his board :blink:

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
I'll try and work it into the Parks and Wreck season 3 home opener at Keystone. If you read about a man getting forcibly removed from the mountain for public urination it was probably me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts