Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help paring my Ride Machete 2013 (green base) with a pair of bindings.

I've been riding for several years now (7+) and been transitioning into 70% mountain 30% park. I'm 5'6, 145 and I got a 155cm board, 9.5 bootsize.

Ive read really good things about the Burton Cartels, and was wondering what you guys think? With my boot size should i get a size M?

*Big question: Will these bindings fit my board??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm mainly asking if 1. The cartels are good bindings for what I am looking for and 2. Are they good bindings for the 2013 ride machete board?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cartels are pretty much a universal good bindings. Jack of all trades. They'll serve you well. The rest of it is up to you. How much response do you like out of your board, how much flex do you like. Little preferences like that will dictate how much you will like your cartels. What other bindings do you like?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Yes too all questions. It will be a sweet set up. I would pick the vitas over the cartels but that's just me. Either way you are good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes too all questions. It will be a sweet set up. I would pick the vitas over the cartels but that's just me. Either way you are good.
Thank you Mystery2man... actually when you brought u the Malavitas I took at look at them and they got great reviews. Looks like more of a "freestyle" type bindings then the Cartels, mainly because the give/ less stiff than the Cartels, but I've read really good things. Have you rode on these before?

Cartels are pretty much a universal good bindings. Jack of all trades. They'll serve you well. The rest of it is up to you. How much response do you like out of your board, how much flex do you like. Little preferences like that will dictate how much you will like your cartels. What other bindings do you like?
After reading what Mystery2man said, the Malavita's are the other bindings I am looking at. Price isn't really a big factor, but I would be looking at the 2013 models. So far I am looking at the Cartel's and Malavita's. Thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My old Malavita's are one of my favorite bindings. I was sad when I had to give them up. I found them more comfortable than the cartels and they were a softer binding. They will be better in the park and have enough response for the rest of the mountain. I went from Malavita's to Cartels on one of my boards, and kind of wish I stayed with the Malavita's. That's just my preference though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts