Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Binding recommendations for Sushi and Surfer

235 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Chern
Hello,

Any Binding recommendations for the Rossignol Sushi 145 and or the Bataleon Surfer Ltd159 ?

Both Boards perform best in soft deep snow.
So soft to medium bindings ?
Or stiffer chassis , softer Highback?

Who prefers stiff bindings for more response or carving them back to the chairlift ?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Katana all the things! Stiff enough to give you good response and control, enough play to let you get a little surfy.

I generally prefer a binding on the stiffer side especially in powder because I feel like you end up “muscling” the board more then flowing from edge to edge.

· Registered
103 Posts
I’ve got Cartels (not X) on my Sushi. It’s a workhorse and versatile binding. They work for me and I own multiple pairs of cartels. I’m loyal. Also have Cartels (not X) on my K2 Special Effects. Responsive enough when I’m tight in the trees and loose enough for that surfy feel in the open bowls. Can also swap the high backs for the freedback hammocks and get really loose and surfy. I don’t really ride the Sushi inbounds so I don’t know about ripping it on groomers, but if that’s something you’d do with yours then a stiffer binding for sure like the Cartel X. Of course Katana would be fine too. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts