Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boots shift from 9.5 and 10 depending on the season. I want to get a new set of bindings, and was looking at the flux tt30s- but i'm dealing with the size dilemma. Most bindings seem to shift from m to l going from 9.5 to 10.

Question 1- Is it better to go bigger or smaller if you have to decide

Question 2- If i go with flux tt30s should I get m or L?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I would go smaller if I had the choice. Smaller foot print on the board for a more natural board flex. Less weight. And a snug fit in the heel cup so you don't have to crank down on the ankle strap. I can't comment on the flux bindings but I'm sure someone will help you with that on here.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I would go smaller if I had the choice.
Agree.

But not because of:
Smaller foot print on the board for a more natural board flex. Less weight.
Both of those will be insignificant and not noticeable.

And a snug fit in the heel cup so you don't have to crank down on the ankle strap.
That is a good reason. And even more importantly, there will be less lateral space/slop between the boots and the bindings.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I prefer to go smaller for the same reasons mentioned above. The problem is with some brands you have a little more room to squeeze in, as I've experienced with Burton and Ride, versus other brands where the cutoff really is the size limit, such as with Rome. I think with Flux you'll be ok with a 9.5 in a M but 10.0 might be pushing it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beware

My Burton est Missions were a large and I wear a 10.5 boot, and even on the tightest setting I get no edge feel because they are too loose/big. Definately better to go smaller! I now use union contacts in a medium with no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts