Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Depends on what make boot and binding... But generally it would be a medium or maybe a large...

·
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks I was sold a small which is at the limit of the size chart would you reccomend changing for the M

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Depends on what make boot and binding... But generally it would be a medium or maybe a large...
Large bindings with UK7/US8 size boot!? You cannot be serious. Not even in Ride's funky sizing system is he a large.

Ok thanks I was sold a small which is at the limit of the size chart would you reccomend changing for the M
Depends entirely on the fit of your boot in the binding. It it works, go with the smaller size (unless you want a particularly stiff binding).

·
1,428 Posts
Large bindings with UK7/US8 size boot!? You cannot be serious. Not even in Ride's funky sizing system is he a large.
Haha

Guess you never use anything other than YOUR choice then, i use FLOW and there large has a crossover at between 6-6.5 over to a large size... Medium goes up to between 7-7.5

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Flow12-13/Website+Docs/Flow+2012+Sizing-chart.pdf

Which is why the sizes need to be looked at harder rather than just assuming...

So follow my lead and my english humour (sarcasm) and stand corrected... :giggle:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends entirely on the fit of your boot in the binding. It it works, go with the smaller size (unless you want a particularly stiff binding).[/QUOTE]

Well my boots fit in the bindings nicely once I'd adjusted the straps etc, my toes just over hang the binding though is this normal

Sorry for sounding silly I'm new to boarding so still getting I grips with everything

·
1,428 Posts
Did you buy this from Finches...??? They are normally spot on with there stuff, they have been in the game for over 20 years now...!!!

If you have them both at home, try the boot in the binding and see what you think...

They will change for another size no problem i'm sure if it is from there...

;)

·
1,428 Posts
Well my boots fit in the bindings nicely once I'd adjusted the straps etc, my toes just over hang the binding though is this normal

Sorry for sounding silly I'm new to boarding so still getting I grips with everything
That will be no problem at all, the pressure is on the ball of your foot, not really your toes. So as long as it is not a huge overhang then no it is not a problem...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I bought it from finches, and the lady said a size 7 boot will fit on the bindings ok I've tried them at home together and they seem ok as I said my toes just over hang the bindings so not sure to change for the mediums or not :(

·
1,428 Posts
I have flow bindings, and the bassplate is adjustable, but i have it in not out, and have an overhang of about 10-15mm which i don't consider a problem, and if the bindings are stated as being correct for the boot size, then it will not be an issue, if you tried to use a half size bigger, then the ball of your foot will be in the wrong place and that could make a difference...

I think you are over thinking it.

This would be a good example of the proper fit, so if you are like that, then it's all good...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've adjusted the base plate a small bit I'll take a pic and let me know what you think, like you say I'm probably thinking about it too much, again I apologise for sounding daft

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Haha

Guess you never use anything other than YOUR choice then, i use FLOW and there large has a crossover at between 6-6.5 over to a large size... Medium goes up to between 7-7.5

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Flow12-13/Website+Docs/Flow+2012+Sizing-chart.pdf

Which is why the sizes need to be looked at harder rather than just assuming...

So follow my lead and my english humour (sarcasm) and stand corrected... :giggle:
Erm, no. While Flow has even whackier sizing than Ride, from experience that chart is bit off. Even if the chart were accurate for Flow, that is only one binding company, i.e., far from "generally" the case.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think you are ok, it's if you feel comfortable for not. You are at the transition for the burton missions. You can stay with the small or move to the Medium, which ever one is easier for you. It's ok to have some overhang just as long as your boot is center on the binding.

I wear a 9.5 US and on the burton scale, I'm suppose to be a Medium but when I put on a large I felt more comfortable with it so I went with it.

If you have doubts go change it.

·
1,428 Posts
Looks fine to me, but again, if in doubt try a medium, but i don' t think you need too...

:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've spoken to Angela this morning an she said to go try the mediums to be sure as the smalls have been adjusted in the straps to the limit nearly

·
1,428 Posts
I've spoken to Angela this morning an she said to go try the mediums to be sure as the smalls have been adjusted in the straps to the limit nearly
Service with a smile eh... ;)

Nothing beats having a friendly family run shop that can offer this service, you may pay a few pounds less on the net, but you don't get that service i don't think...!!!

Say hello from me when you go over... ;) And let her know Sebastian is looking forward to me picking his new board up for the winter in Norway... ;) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts