Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just wanted to ask if my bindings are too big or they're okay. They're the rome struts and are adjustable. I bought them second-hand so I adjusted them to fit my boots. But my question is that when I strap in my boots, there's a lot of extra strap hanging since I need to strap to almost the tightest setting. Is the extra strap a problem? Can I cut it off or something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
as long as your ratchet isn't "bottomed out" on the strap, they should be fine! As far as cutting the extra strap off, is it in the way somehow? otherwise id leave it alone or proceed with caution (esp if you are growing still).

If you posted a pic of your boots strapped in at a few diff angles that would help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as long as your ratchet isn't "bottomed out" on the strap, they should be fine! As far as cutting the extra strap off, is it in the way somehow? otherwise id leave it alone or proceed with caution (esp if you are growing still).

If you posted a pic of your boots strapped in at a few diff angles that would help
It's a one or two away from being bottomed out. I can adjust the binding to make it smaller but then the edge of the strap would be over where it should normally ends. I'm explaining this bad but I circled it in the picture. The extra strap isn't really in the way but I was just afraid it might catch on something since it's so long.

And also the end of the backing is about 1cm taller than my boots is that also an issue?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
From the pics your bindings look super huge. The straps are as tight as you'll get them and here def shouldn't be that much space on either side of your boots.

What size boot and binding?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the pics your bindings look super huge. The straps are as tight as you'll get them and here def shouldn't be that much space on either side of your boots.

What size boot and binding?
Ah.. really? I thought it was alright because when I put my boots on and strap it in it feels tight enough.

Size 4 boots (They're bigger than normal 4s though since they're have removable footbeds for growing feet, up to 2 sizes bigger)
Rome Strut S/M

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
You should prob be in kids bindings. The Strut S/M starts at a size 5.5. As long as the boot doesn't move around you'll probably be fine. But if it does, you'll def need to down size.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should prob be in kids bindings. The Strut S/M starts at a size 5.5. As long as the boot doesn't move around you'll probably be fine. But if it does, you'll def need to down size.
Should I adjust the strap to be smaller then? But then the other strap would get longer too..

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
It looks like your boots don't have a liner. They may just be really low volume boots. I wouldn't cut anything off. But def do what you can to get the straps as tight as possible. You don't want to feel any slop.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Slop = put your foot in your boot, strap into board, try flexing your board in as many directions possible, apply pressure to toes, apply pressure to highback. Any movement of your boot in any direction is slop and is not ideal.

When you strap in your boots and bindings should seem like one piece.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Yeah those are kids boots in a women's binding. I don't know if they make size 4 women's boots. I'd shop around. Find a boot with a liner and that may give it enough volume to fill the space in the binding. But it's probably not ideal considering the Strut is designed for sizes 5.5 and up. If you can't find a boot that fits the binding, get a binding that fits the boot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah those are kids boots in a women's binding. I don't know if they make size 4 women's boots. I'd shop around. Find a boot with a liner and that may give it enough volume to fill the space in the binding. But it's probably not ideal considering the Strut is designed for sizes 5.5 and up. If you can't find a boot that fits the binding, get a binding that fits the boot.
Actually when I was buying the bindings I saw that the sizing would fit since on the size chart for the Romes it said it was for 22-27.5 cm. And my boots although they are size 4 (22 cm). I thought about buying youth bindings but are they any less sturdy than adult bindings? I noticed most youth bindings had a single strap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: With a screw drive in hand and a determined mind, I attempted to adjust the bindings for the first time. I also un-ducked the stance a bit it was a bit too awkward for me to get into the bindings.

I moved the strap backwards so that it would need to stretch to reach my boots, also moved the high back closer to the front. Does this look right to you guys? I wasn't really sure what I was doing to be honest haha.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Update: With a screw drive in hand and a determined mind, I attempted to adjust the bindings for the first time. I also un-ducked the stance a bit it was a bit too awkward for me to get into the bindings.

I moved the strap backwards so that it would need to stretch to reach my boots, also moved the high back closer to the front. Does this look right to you guys? I wasn't really sure what I was doing to be honest haha.
It might help bit (or not), but the fundamental issue remains: Those bindings are probably too large for the those boots - especially in terms of width, possibly less so in terms of length.
Just look at the amount of space between the boots and the edge of the footbed - the way it is, it will be very hard to avoid/minimize lateral movement of the boots in the bindings.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I think that's about the best you're going to get it. It may not be optimal, but as long as you can still ride without too much movement in the binding you should be fine. Just keep in mind the next time you're buying boots or bindings that you'll need to ensure they're compatable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that's about the best you're going to get it. It may not be optimal, but as long as you can still ride without too much movement in the binding you should be fine. Just keep in mind the next time you're buying boots or bindings that you'll need to ensure they're compatable.
Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to make them fit as best as they can until I sell them to get money to buy new ones. These ones came with the board so I didn't really have a say on size.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts