Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for upgrade for my good old Union Force. My experience with Forces is fine overall, but they got weary.
Setup and usecase:
  • I mostly do backcountry freeride and carving down the hills, no park at all, stance angles +21/+3.
  • Boards: Head The Day on powder days, LibTech JL Phoenix for slopes. I'm looking for buying something like Jones Hovercraft / Korua Cafe Racer one day to have one board for both backcountry and slopes.
Due to availability in local shops I'm limited to Union, Burton and Rome production and I have around 300$ on budget to spare. Currently looking into Union Atlas, Burton Cartel / Malavita, Rome Vice / Targa, maybe even new Forces as they got decent upgrade this year with canted footbed.
Any advices?

·
Registered
877 Posts
With the boards you've been riding, you shouldn't have a problem with any of them, but footsize could be a factor if you are between sizes. For the Malavita/Cartel, the Cartel highback is a little stiffer, but the highback on Malavita has more grip for toeside, a little more lateral support from strap, and available with a wingback. Union you know, but Atlas has a slightly softer highback and stiffer strap, so more toe, less heel than Force. Rome Targa is the stiffest option, Vice if you want to try Rome and not change much from the Force I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts