Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Just wondering if anyone had any input on binding choice for a dc 12/13 pbj
Brought it after coming back at the start of this year to replace my beaten ride board.
Was planing on running my ride delta mvmnt bindings, but feel they might be a bit stiff for it.
was thinking about switching to somthing along the lines of raiden zeros 12/13. Any info on the zeros or other binding choice that would be worth looking in to would be helpfull.

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
109 Posts
Flux TT's have a good all mountain flex... similar to the Ride Deltas. The feel will be a bit softer though, just because of the fit compared to Rides.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea i would say stiff bindings on a softer board isn't the best combination. I ride union contact pros, they are a little stiffer than the regular contacts but still plenty playful. They are great because the vertical flex on the high back is rock solid allowing for great responsiveness with turning but the horizontal is nice and flexy allowing you to really tweak your tricks and the small things you do. All in all i would say they are a swiss army knife because you can take them anywhere however they are a little more geared to the park but so is the PBJ.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As are the TT's... Check em out if you are interested in getting trying something different. If you've never ridden Flux before its defiantly a different feel... in a good way. The highback molds to your boot--- so its pretty playfull, but its made out of a stiffer material, so it will give you some quickness too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had a look at the Flux tt's sound like a cool idea I was just wondering one thing tho, seen as it has non conventual adjustment on the highback as they lock on the sides
Would this meen every time you wanted to fold and unfold the highback you would have to set the lean each time?
Watched a few videos and could not see if there was a second lock ect? Or see any images of them folded.
Any info appreciated
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you adjust the forward lean you are pushing the mounting position back--so it sits further back in the heel cup giving it forward lean.
You wouldn't have to adjust the forward lean to put the highbacks down.... It still sits normal.
Let me know if you need me to take some photos of some bindings with forward lean to help ya out any more. We should be having a few feature videos out soon that will explain it a little better too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
Okay i get what you meen, I watched the new promo vid but it was hard to get a full idea of how it worked.
A few pictures would be helpfull just to have a diffrent veiws of it for comparison.
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
109 Posts
The highback has 3 spots that you can mount it.... the one labeled '1' is at 0 forward lean.
When you mount the highback in the 2, or 3 spot... the highback is now going to sit further back in the heel cup... giving it some forward lean. Hope this makes a little more sense. Stay posted for the full video tutorial... let meknow if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi decided to go with some flux tt's in the end. Happy with them can't wait to try them out proppery
Quick question tho! Asked the surplyer and they didn't know. Are the tt's ment to come with a footbed spacer for when you extend the toe and heel ramps? I set them to 12 and have a gap on the bace now.
On the instructions it shows a picture of the bed spacer in whats included but has in brackets (DL DM DS SF) so not sure if TT's are ment to have them to? But I defently have a gap the right shape for them. Any help would be great

Thanks
Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts