Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been boarding about 5 times and took the plunge on buying my own gear. Picked up a Ride Fleetwood 165 and Salomon Synapse boots (Size 13). I'm a big guy, 6'4" 275 lbs, and all I have to left to get is a set of good bindings. Now I've read that I should start with a less expensive or more forgiving set of bindings as a beginner, but at my size I'm worried that I won't have enough stability at the same time. I'm looking at bindings under $200, so here are my choices I've narrowed down:

Ride Ex (weary of parts coming loose regularly)
Rome 390 or Targa
Union Force or Data
Burton Mission or Cartel
Flow NXT AT
Salomon Relay

Any advice is appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have the EX's and I like them. You might be able to get a higher end model at this time of the year for under $200 though... :dunno:

I'd suggest against the 390's, they're a good binding but they're more oriented towards the park. I think you'll probably want something stiffer with your Fleetwood. Rome Targas are supposed to be good freeride bindings (heard some good things about them from this forum).
You might want to give some of k2's products a lookover. Their Formula line in particular is supposed to be very decent.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I'll take a look at K2. I was pretty close to picking up the EXs until I saw a lot of reports about parts falling off and losing screws constantly coming lose. Doesn't sound fun as a beginner.

Anyone else?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i saw durability issues with targas too, u might want to try burton cartel or some Unions

they'll help you progress for a while

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thanks for your input. I'll take a look at K2. I was pretty close to picking up the EXs until I saw a lot of reports about parts falling off and losing screws constantly coming lose. Doesn't sound fun as a beginner.

Anyone else?
As long as you're cool with me chiming in again... :laugh:

I think a lot of the problems with the EXs were with previous years models. I don't think I've seen any major complaints about this years EXs.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as you're cool with me chiming in again... :laugh:

I think a lot of the problems with the EXs were with previous years models. I don't think I've seen any major complaints about this years EXs.
LOL...cool...I'll look into it. Thanks :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts