Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Finally able to make my way back to snowboarding after 8 years! A family member gave me a Salomon Dancehaul but I have to match up some bindings. I’m new to the concept of volume shifted snowboards. I rarely ride park, I’d rather play around on the hill...butters, spins, small jumps with an occasional hard charging lap. What bindings would you guys recommend? Being that the board was free, money is not an issue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The Katanas work great on that board (and 99 % other boards) but you can go softer if that’s your preference. It’s very nimble and playful so I wouldn’t kill it with some bindings that allow only for quick heel to toe rolls with almost no lateral flex.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put my now Pilots on my dancehaul so far so good. Going to ride it with the soft bushings next time out. Only been riding them with the mediums so far.
Also will try my nitro teams on them sometime this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Hey guys,
Finally able to make my way back to snowboarding after 8 years! A family member gave me a Salomon Dancehaul but I have to match up some bindings. I’m new to the concept of volume shifted snowboards. I rarely ride park, I’d rather play around on the hill...butters, spins, small jumps with an occasional hard charging lap. What bindings would you guys recommend? Being that the board was free, money is not an issue. Thanks in advance.
Burton Genesis or Cartel
Rome Katana
Now Pilot

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
Burton Genesis or Cartel
Rome Katana
Now Pilot
Any of these for sure. I've ridden Katanas and now Cartel X on mine, felt very well matched with both. Something with some lateral flex to butter and ollie but good heel to toe response for the width. But I'm a 9 boot on the 157 and keep it on edge as often as I can, bigger boot might enjoy an overall more freestyle binding, definitely doesn't NEED the extra turning power.

From Union Stratas or Falcor would work, I've considered the Atlas for the mustard color match hah.

Reactions: F1EA

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any of these for sure. I've ridden Katanas and now Cartel X on mine, felt very well matched with both. Something with some lateral flex to butter and ollie but good heel to toe response for the width. But I'm a 9 boot on the 157 and keep it on edge as often as I can, bigger boot might enjoy an overall more freestyle binding, definitely doesn't NEED the extra turning power.

From Union Stratas or Falcor would work, I've considered the Atlas for the mustard color match hah.
Did you have any issue with stance width using the Cartels?

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Did you have any issue with stance width using the Cartels?
Cartels are probably the most popular binding in the history of snowboarding. Don't think they would be if they had an 'issue'.

Anyways... doesn't matter whether HE has had any issues or not. The question is... would YOU have any issues with stance width. My guess is... no.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cartels are probably the most popular binding in the history of snowboarding. Don't think they would be if they had an 'issue'.

Anyways... doesn't matter whether HE has had any issues or not. The question is... would YOU have any issues with stance width. My guess is... no.
Maybe issue was the wrong word. My understanding is there isn’t a lot of room for stance width adjustability, so I decided to inquire. Thanks for the comment though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stance width adjustability on Cartels is that you have a 4x4 disc and have to center it on 4x4 inserts. You can't adjust laterally between the inserts. The discs are made to be able to center the binding heel to toe on the board, and you can't rotate the disc to be able to adjust laterally.

Personnaly, I prefer to be able to adjust heel to toe than laterally. If your board is 4x2, you have enough adjustability, if you need more..... then go to a channel board :)

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stance width adjustability on Cartels is that you have a 4x4 disc and have to center it on 4x4 inserts. You can't adjust laterally between the inserts. The discs are made to be able to center the binding heel to toe on the board, and you can't rotate the disc to be able to adjust laterally.

Personnaly, I prefer to be able to adjust heel to toe than laterally. If your board is 4x2, you have enough adjustability, if you need more..... then go to a channel board :)
Got it. Thanks for the explanation!

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
Yep, that's my position on stance width hah. I have them perfectly centered heel to toe, and the reference stance width on the 157 is 22 inches which is where I'd want to ride this board anyway. I'd like the stance width adjustment for fine tuning, but it's by no means a deal breaker.

Reactions: F1EA
1 - 20 of 26 Posts