Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a pair of snowboard boots that actually fit but am now struggling with finding bindings that will fit with my boots. I have Ride Bigfoot Snowboard boots in size 18. I haven't bought a board yet because I'm doing it one piece at a time but I also know that will be a challenge. I used to cram my feet into size 16s and would rent and it was doing some real damage to my feet so I just can't do that anymore.

I'm 6'7" and 255 pounds so something smaller wouldn't work. I'm hoping someone out there has some sort of thoughts, I know the boots go up to size 22 so other people have to be struggling with this!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I finally found a pair of snowboard boots that actually fit but am now struggling with finding bindings that will fit with my boots. I have Ride Bigfoot Snowboard boots in size 18. I haven't bought a board yet because I'm doing it one piece at a time but I also know that will be a challenge. I used to cram my feet into size 16s and would rent and it was doing some real damage to my feet so I just can't do that anymore.

I'm 6'7" and 255 pounds so something smaller wouldn't work. I'm hoping someone out there has some sort of thoughts, I know the boots go up to size 22 so other people have to be struggling with this!

Check the K2 formula XL, it goes up to size 15 and has an expandable footbed, also very burly construction for you damn chupacabras, not sure you’ll find a mfgt spec for size 18 unfortunately

·
Registered
350 Posts
Holy crap!!! Size 18??? I'm trying to picture twice the size of my foot. Are you from another planet?? Just kidding. You definitely need to post your feet measurement (length & width) and let Wiredsport take a look to make sure. Good luck!!

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
527 Posts
Holy crap!!! Size 18??? I'm trying to picture twice the size of my foot. Are you from another planet?? Just kidding. You definitely need to post your feet measurement (length & width) and let Wiredsport take a look to make sure. Good luck!!
Why try? I demand photos or it didn't happen... @Wiredsport can instruct you how to take such photos with measurements.

·
Registered
10,021 Posts
Rome Crux fits huge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do Ride not make bindings to suit their own snowboard boots?
I called and was put on hold with Ride regarding the matter, I gave up after being on hold because I had to go back to work. From my research people say no and seem to run into the issue with over size 15 boots (really over size 13 people start struggling). I was searching through all the threads and this one was the most helpful but since it's old a lot of the items are no longer available. Got Size 16+ Boots? (I have a solution for you!)

So my goal is to call Ride again with the hopes of getting someone on the phone because it seems ridiculous to make a product that no other products work with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

For reference, these are the boots I have in size 18: Bigfoot Snowboard Boots

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
2,150 Posts
I'd imagine if Ride is making size 18 boots, then they would have a binding to to with them. Maybe email Evo.com (and Ride) and see what they have for your giant feets. Weston and Arbor make a good selection of big wide boards. Luckily for you, wide boards are all the rage now-a-days, so I think you'll have an easier time with the board than the bindings. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Have you had any luck finding bindings? My cousin is also getting size 18 boots for Christmas so we are going through the exact same thing you are.
Ride the Perfect Ultrawide Snowboard
Check this out when you are ready to buy a board.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you had any luck finding bindings? My cousin is also getting size 18 boots for Christmas so we are going through the exact same thing you are.
Ride the Perfect Ultrawide Snowboard
Check this out when you are ready to buy a board.
Unfortunately I haven’t had luck, I’m currently waiting on a call from someone at RIDE who is “more appropriate” to discuss this with I guess, I’ve gone through a chain of people who keep sending me to other people. I’ll post here if I have any luck!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Unfortunately I haven’t had luck, I’m currently waiting on a call from someone at RIDE who is “more appropriate” to discuss this with I guess, I’ve gone through a chain of people who keep sending me to other people. I’ll post here if I have any luck!
unfortunately no “mainstream” company makes a size 18 binding, The XL K2 formula or lein AT XL will take you to a size 15 and the have extendable footbeds which my get you a bit further, Rome is owned by K2 so you may have some similar success but producing bindings for size 18 isn’t a thing, you may have luck going to a custom binding shop but most only have bases up to 13, unfortunately, as I’m sure you are used to, there just aren’t enough size 18 riders to make production runs economical at that size

Edit: Meant Ride

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not accurate or helpful unfortunately. Definitely a very large man who needs custom everything.
The problem is you said you'd been using size 16 boots. If size 18 is your real size in snowboard boots (not shoes/trainers), it would be physically impossible to get your feet into size 16's. So something doesn't add up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts