Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Yesterday was my first day out this season and I had a blast. I just had a little problem as the day went by. Every 4/5 runs my bindings would start coming loose and I would have to retighten them. Not in the sense that my feet were coming out of the bindings, but in the sense that the bindings were coming loose off the board! :eek: This happened towards the end of the season last year too.

I'm riding a 2008 burton custom with the 3 screw burton system with flow bindings.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there is a way to get it to stop. (and i made sure i made it as tight as possible before I went out that day)

Thx

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
No worries buddy. Now don't over tighten them now.... Just get them pretty snug and they won't back out. And make sure you get blue, NOT red.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The loctite should do the trick for sure. The screws that came with my Flows always seemed to come loose until I added some loctite to them.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Use red and you wont get them back off unless you're super lucky. That's why I said use blue

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same problem on my 09 burton indie, and just put loctite on the screws..... lets hope it holds, going out tomorrow to test it and see!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have also been having that problem lately on my burton verdict with burton mission bindings. They came with loc tight on them, and the first day was great, the second day they came losse, then 4 rides no problems, 6 time out i was tightening them all day about every 4-5 runs. we just picked up some loc tight though so we are going to see if it helps

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the same problem a while back. We had some plumbing teflon tape left around so I used that

·
Registered
9 Posts
A really good screwdriver

I haven't had a problem with my bindings loosening since I got a brand new (IE unstripped and the right size, unlike the resort's shitty public tools) #1 phillips screwdriver and dedicated it to my bindings. With a busted up screwdriver, you are likely stripping out the bolt heads and you feel like you are overtightening when you really aren't.

Also, tighten bolt-by-bolt, a little by a little in opposing order, like you would the lug nuts on your car wheels. If you have foamy stuff under your bindings, you may need to make a few laps until the bolts are tight, because the foam is compressing as you tighten.

If you've already stripped out your bolts, get new ones. They either won't get tight or when they do, you won't be able to loosen them.

Loctite and teflon tape help too, but I don't need 'em. I haven't had a binding loosen in several years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the thing is, i never used the tools at the lodge. I always bring my own set of tools with me just in case of this sort of thing.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Are the hole discs metal by chance? I have had both, and unfortunately, metal discs are much more prone to loosening discs. Also clear nail polish, one drop in each hole works great. After tightening, flex the board immediately and retighten. Depending on how you ride, with metal discs (lots of pressing, flatland, big landings, etc), this can be a chronic problem.

I switched back to plastic and feel they are more comfortable and give me less trouble becoming loose. Someone like Nivek who has reviewed 1000 bindings can probably give you the adjusted truth about my statements. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts