Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm going to shift for some 2-layer gor-tex jacket, but i'm on a budget so i'm looking through sale offers.
Right now i can get three different models:
• Volcom L gore-tex with no insulation for 186-190 usd
• Black Crows 2l Corpus jacket for 199 usd
• Burton AK 2l cyclic for 280 usd

I already have Volcom L gore-tex pants and Brighton pullover 15k, and overall quality of Volcom stuff treats me nice.

Not a fan of Burton apparel - jacket fits a little bit large in waist even with middle layer's on, also i had couple of warranty issues with Burton gloves: stiches just fell appart after a week of freeriding. But I went to local seller to see Cyclic jacket and it seems like AK jacket has a bit more thicker material rather than Volcom.

And Black Crows - never heard of it. But Retail Price of 2l Corpus jacket is 500 usd, so sale price of 199 makes a great offer. Their web page makes good impression but google can't find any reviews of that stuff.

Maybe someone knows a thing of Black Crows? I'm going to order international - from US to Russia, so i want to be certain in quality, RMA is not an option.

BTW, what do you think of zip-tec of Volcom? Is it worth it on powder days?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ziptech is awesome. Even better in pow. If you already have Volcom pants, the L gore tex jacket is the way to go imo. If you have some budget left over, get a good insulating midlayer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Volcom to match it up with your pants and/or Burton AK if you want to have their Lifetime Warranty. I’ve had great experience from Burton for repairing and/or replacing my AK outerwear.

Reactions: Craig64
1 - 5 of 5 Posts